Designed to sit delicately within their stunning, natural island environment the 14 suites at Orpheus are charmingly stylish with their elegant and minimalist design. With white walls, cool stone floors, flashes of tropical colour and wooden patios overlooking the sea, they harness island-luxe perfectly. All creature comforts such as air-conditioning, Bose sound systems and Nespresso coffee machines come as standard, without detracting from the island vibe. Suites also come complete with a well-stocked mini-bar filled with treats.
- Rooms: 1
- Size: 32.5m²
- Room View: Coral Sea views
- Facilities: Featuring king-size or twin beds, these beachfront rooms sit beneath swaying palms and offer peaceful views of the Coral Sea from private patios. The mini bar is stocked with plenty of goodies and refreshments and there’s also a Nespresso coffee machine. Yoga mats and beach bags and towels ensure everything you need for a relaxing stay is at hand.
- Rooms: 1
- Size: 56m²
- Room View: Sparkling Coral Sea views
- Facilities: These tranquil suites boast glorious views over sweeping lawns down to the Coral Sea. The dark timber patio is the perfect vantage point for soaking in the panorama. Pale walls and stone floors are livened by pops of vibrant turquoise and blue, while the separate living and sleeping areas mean there is plenty of space to relax.
- Rooms: 2
- Size: 89.5m²
- Room View: Tropical Coral Sea views
- Facilities: With two bedrooms and two bathrooms, plus a spacious lounge, the Beachfront Villas are the perfect choice for families or couples travelling together. Relax overlooking the sea on your private patio and soak up the warmth of the tropics.
South Room :expand_more
- Rooms: 1
- Size: 46m²
- Room View: Tropical garden and Coral Sea view
- Facilities: Just steps from the water’s edge and tucked into tropical gardens, the South Rooms offer peace and tranquillity in the most beautiful of settings. Understated luxury is showcased with the use of natural fabrics and the stylish, minimalist design. The elegant bathrooms feature both indoor and outdoor showers.
M.Y. Flying Fish:expand_more
- Rooms: 4
- Room View: Uninterrupted ocean views
- Facilities: The M.Y. Flying Fish is a glorious 32m luxury yacht, moored on Orpheus Island, and comes complete with four en suite state rooms, expansive decks, a heli-pad, and recreation areas, including the use of kayaks, snorkelling equipment, and reef fishing gear. Ease into the day with breakfast on board and linger over lunch and dinner on the island. Guests can also enjoy unlimited use of all lodge facilities.
Orpheus is an all-inclusive experience starting with breakfast, featuring fresh local produce, tropical fruits, and a real taste of island life. Lunch takes guests around the globe with a daily changing tapas-inspired menu, or why not ask for a gourmet picnic hamper to enjoy on one of the beautiful beaches? Dinner is a fabulous degustation event, hosted in the dining pavilion overlooking the sea, and the menu changes daily, making use of fresh produce from the island garden and local fishermen.
- Cuisine: Innovative tropical island style
- Setting: Sea facing pavilion
- Dress Code: Island casual for breakfast and lunch, resort elegant for dinner
- Children's Menu: Yes
- Vegetarian Option: Yes
- Reservation Required: No
With an exceptional location on the Great Barrier Reef, the diving experience at Orpheus is second to none. The myriad of marine life that can be found on the reef is outstanding and the local dive sites give habitat to over 1,100 of the 1,500 species of fish found on the reef, as well as a huge diversity of both hard and soft coral. The spectacular outer reefs lie around 75-minutes from Orpheus by boat and private charters are available. Charters include all equipment, a guide, and refreshments.
Orpheus offers a range of included signature experiences for guests to immerse themself in island life. Explore the incredible underwater world with a guided snorkelling experience, or head out on your own and see the protected Giant Clam Garden in the bay. Request a gourmet picnic and venture out in one of the island's motorised dinghies or enjoy one of the many non-motorised watersports available including paddleboarding, kayaking and sailing. The pre-dinner sunset cruise is a wonderful way to end the day as the sun sets over the horizon.
Translating as 'peaceful rest' in the aboriginal language, the Gwandalan Spa is a place of sanctuary and calm, where the overwhelming peace of the island flows through every aspect of your treatment. Drift away on an ocean breeze as you find inner calm and allow the talented therapists to sooth and nurture you. Body rituals include wraps and scrubs, infused with elements of the sea, whilst signature treatments include full body massages, hair treatments and facials. For younger spa-goers there is a little menu of children's spa treatments including massage, body wraps and a facial.