Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort, Elounda, Crete is set on the enchanting Elounda coast, overlooking the small fishing village of Plaka and the UNESCO-nominated Spinalonga Island. Whilst this legendary luxury Crete hotel is adored for its sea-facing rooms and suites, indulgent spa, world-class restaurants and array of immersive experiences (amongst other things), they have also introduced a few new exciting additions to make it even more tempting. Plus, thanks to lovely sunny days and warm temperatures that extend way into October, there's still plenty of time to get there this year and enjoy all this luxury resort has to offer.
The Haven Collection
Announced for this year, the Two Bedroom Suite Sea View with Private Pool, Luxury Island Suites and Private Villas are all part of the exclusive Haven Collection, offering the ultimate indulgence on your luxury Crete holiday. Along with all the amazing amenities that come as standard here, guests of The Haven Collection enjoy the following brilliant benefits...
• A private alfresco pebble-mosaic courtyard shaded by jasmine in which to enjoy the 'The Haven Breakfast'. Choose from artisanal delights and breakfast favourites that embrace the regional produce, including Cretan mountain honey, regional cold cuts, local grapes and figs.
• A reserved section of the beautiful beach exclusively for Haven Collection guests, where they can enjoy baskets of complimentary fresh towels, magazines and aromatherapy spritzes, delivered straight to their loungers. Guests of private villas can unwind in their own exclusive private gazebo.
• A complimentary 'Touch of Cretan Nature' spa experience (25 min per adult/per stay)
• A complimentary Haven Lunch Experience (with booking of 7 nights and more)
• A resort credit of 150 euro per stay (with booking of 7 nights and more)
• Complimentary daily stretching or yoga sessions by the beach.
• Exclusive discounts on resort experiences (including wine tasting), watersports and spa services.
• Early in suite/villa check-in and late check-out (subject to availability), complimentary in-room dining, premium mini bar offerings, complimentary laundry, premium toiletries, a dedicated Haven Concierge, personal greeting by the GM, a welcome box and a personalised farewell gift
Game-Changing Greek Gastronomy
With a selection of exceptional eateries serving cuisine from across the globe, dining at Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort, Elounda, Crete is an utter delight. Whether you fancy super-fresh seafood in a quintessential Greek taverna, innovative Asian cuisine overlooking the sea, inspiring Italian flavours or elegant beach barbecues, you can find it all here. Of course, romantic private dinners, cookery classes and wine tasting can also be enjoyed.
Plus, if you visit on a last-minute luxury holiday this summer, you can enjoy an authentic Greek culinary experience at the celebrated Anthós Restaurant (which is all about farm-to-fork dining and local flavours). A series of three unique events will take place over the summer months, featuring celebrated Greek guest chefs, overseen by the hotel's Creative Consultant Chef, Athinagoras Kostakos. Be whisked around Greece via your taste buds as the chefs serve up innovative tasting menus that celebrate local ingredients, indigenous traditions and serious flavour!
Event Date: 25 August 2021
Chef: Constadinos Vassiliadis
Culinary Style: Carefully sourced, holistic cuisine infused with a Greek provenance
Event Date: 28 September 2021
Chef: George Samoilis
Culinary Style: "More local, more seasonal, more sustainable"
"This is a celebration of our heritage and culture and I look forward to sharing these events with guests" - Creative Consultant Chef, Athinagoras Kostakos
This summer season, Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort, Elounda, Crete has partnered with Venice's legendary Gritti Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel, to present the Blue Aperitivo - an exciting new cocktail bar concept that marries the art of the Italian Aperitivo with the scenery of Crete. The bar will be found on the Arsenali Lounge's stunning sunset-view terrace, complete with the beats of a DJ, light bites and views over the UNESCO-nominated Spinalonga Island. Included in the new menu are these signature Italian-inspired cocktails by award winning Bar Manager Cristiano Luciani of The Gritti Palace...
• Lemon juice
• St Germain elderflower
• Orange bitters
Wild Fennel Martini
• Wild fennel artisanal liqueur
• Iced vodka
• Amalfi Coast lemon
• White rum
• Blue Curacao
• Orange bitters
• Orgeat syrup
A Summer of Shopping
Joining the resort's super-chic Apoella lifestyle store and the fabulous fine jewellery store, Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort, Elounda, Crete has introduced the brand-new Melissa Odabash boutique from the world-renowned swimwear designer (and now MBE!) of the same name. It is stocked with gorgeous beachwear that captures the elegance of the Cretan summer. Expect timeless designs and the finest quality Italian swimwear fabrics that are ethically sourced and manufactured.