Call Our Luxury Travel Specialists

01244 897 505expand_more

UK opening times today: 09:00 - 17:30
Call Our Luxury Travel Specialists

Call One of Our Luxury Travel Specialists

Elegant Resorts

Brexit Advisory

The Ultimate Brexit Checklist

• Check your passport has at least six months validity remaining from the date of travel
• Review your travel insurance policy and check it covers your current circumstances, including any medical conditions
• Make sure you still carry your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), which entitles you to access medical care in any EU country

For further information and updated advice from ABTA, please click here.

Your Questions, Answered

What will happen if I book to travel after 31st January 2020?
If a deal is reached between the UK government and the EU and we leave on 31st January 2020, we will then enter a two-year transition period. Due to this, nothing is expected to change until 31st December 2020.

Is my booking protected financially?
Your luxury holidays with us are ABTA and ATOL protected, which guarantees comprehensive travel protection. In line with The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018, ‘package holidays’ booked with us after 1st July 2018 also benefit from an enhanced level of legal and financial protection.

Will flights still operate after Brexit?
UK citizens can be reassured that regardless of the Brexit outcome planes will still fly between the UK and the EU: if a deal is agreed then we will be in a transition period, meaning everything will stay the same until the end of December 2020 and flights will continue as normal. Even if we are in a no-deal scenario, the European Commission has said that UK airlines will still be able to operate flights between the UK and the EU. The UK government has offered similar assurances for EU airlines.

Will I need to purchase a visa?
The European Parliament has said that that UK travellers won’t need a visa to travel to the EU after Brexit for short-term business or leisure trips, even in a no-deal scenario. UK citizens will be able to visit the EU for up to 90 days within a 180-day period without a visa.

Will I be able to drive in Europe?
If the UK leaves the EU without a deal, you may need to get an International Driving Permit (IDP) to be able to drive in EU/EEA countries as a visitor. These cost £5.50 and are available from the Post Office. If you require an International Driving Permit (IDP) then please you apply well in advance, leaving at least one month from the time of application to expect receipt of this.

Will Brexit affect the service I receive during my Elegant Resorts holiday?
With offices in the UK, Barbados and Mauritius, along with partnerships with the world’s best in-resort experts, the personal service our clients have grown to expect will remain unchanged. We are committed to ensuring you can explore Europe – and the world – with peace of mind.

Please note, some travel arrangements may be affected as a result of the United Kingdom’s decision to leave the European Union. This could include unavailability of certain flight routes, access to certain ports and airports, and changes to the visa requirements of British citizens travelling to, within or through the EU. We we will continue to monitor and advise clients as soon as possible if we become aware of any confirmed bookings that will be affected. However, since this is something which is outside our control, we would treat any such changes as Force Majeure, and whilst we will endeavour to provide suitable alternative arrangements or refunds where possible, we will not be liable to pay compensation.