- Type: Private Island
- Summary: A luxurious and seriously scenic private island villa estate
- Feature: Inspired by Richard Branson’s own private island home
- Rooms: Eleven rooms across three separate villas
- Location: The British Virgin Islands
- Nearest airport: Tortola International Airport
Location and transfer
The private Moskito Island is located in the British Virgin Islands. The closest international airport is on Tortola, which can be reached from Antigua. Moskito Island is approximately 30 minutes from Tortola by private launch.
The Branson Estate is home to three luxurious villas – Headland House, Beach Villa and Mangrove Villa - each with its own infinity pool, hot tub and dining areas. Together, their eleven bedrooms sleep up to 22 guests. They each have access to the communal Paradise Cove, a recreation area with an additional infinity pool, hot tub, bar, pizza oven, tennis pavilions and watersports equipment.
- Room View: Views of the ocean
- Facilities: The heart of the Branson Estate, the impressive Headland House is perched on an outcrop at the north-eastern tip of the island. The ground floor is home to three beautiful bedrooms including the amazing master bedroom, which when fully opened, has 180-degree views out to sea. Upstairs is the Great Room, a huge gathering and entertaining space with a signature corner bar, dining table for over 40 people, games area and fully equipped kitchen. There is also a striking wraparound, freshwater infinity pool.
- Room View: Views of the ocean
- Facilities: The Beach Villa was inspired by Richard’s daughter Holly and is made up of a cluster of houses linked by a wooden walkway, elevated above a sandy beach and with views out to sea and up to Headland House. The main house features a large lounge, full kitchen with wine fridge and bar, dining area for eight, and deck overlooking the infinity pool and hot tub. Above the lounge is the fabulous Flamingo Nest Master Suite, home to a king bed, impressive bathroom, large deck with day bed and beach views, and a nursery sleeping two infants. There are three additional guest houses – named Turtle, Gecko and Palm – that each sleep two guests, featuring en suite bathrooms and balconies with sea views.
- Room View: Views of the foliage and ocean
- Facilities: Inspired by Richard Branson’s son Sam, this striking villa is nestled among the mangrove trees. The elevated, Balinese-style rooms – complete with rich wood interiors and carvings – are connected to both Headland House and Beach Villa by wooden walkways. On the ground floor of the main villa is a large lounge, fully equipped kitchen, two breakfast bars and dining table, all looking out onto a deck which leads directly onto the infinity edge pool and hot tub. The Tree Tops Master Suite is located above the living space and features a king bed, huge bathroom and deck with a daybed and views over neighbouring Necker Island. There are three additional guest houses – named Lakeside, Sunrise and Sea Breeze – that each sleep two guests, featuring en suite bathrooms and private balconies.
Expect exceptional cuisine throughout your stay on Moskito Island with endless options available. Dedicated chefs can create bespoke menus and special requests, using the finest, freshest, seasonal ingredients. Dining can be formal or informal, indoor or outdoor, themed or traditional, beachside or poolside, or even under the stars.
For the ultimate family holiday in paradise, nowhere is better than Moskito Island. With three separate villas that share a communal area, it offers the perfect balance between quality time and private space - ideal for a multigenerational escape. Tailored meals and activities can be arranged for little ones, while there is an array of things for the whole family to enjoy together - from snorkelling and kayaking to beach games and dining beneath the stars. Some rooms can be arranged with twin beds, while the Master Suites in Beach Villa and Mangrove Villa both feature nurseries for the smallest travellers. Babysitting can also be arranged.
Moskito Island is surrounded by white beaches and crystalline waters of breathtaking beauty, and The Beach House sits at the centre of the recreation area, boasting direct access to a stunning stretch of soft sand. Unwind with a book, sip on cocktails with sea views, get competitive with beach volleyball, or take to the waves with a variety of complimentary non-motorised watersports – including snorkelling, paddle boarding, sailing and kayaking. Waterskiing, kite surfing and off-island excursions by motorboat can also be arranged for an additional fee, while the diving in the area is unrivalled.