- Type: Luxury Lodge
- Summary: Five luxury lodges, each in their own unique setting
- Feature: Explore Himalayan culture and natural beauty in luxury
- Rooms: 82 suites and villas across 5 lodges
- Nearest airport: Paro Airport
Location and transfer
Upon exiting Paro Airport (PBH), your GEM (Guest Experience Manager) will greet you and accompany you throughout your stay. All lodges are accessed from Paro and interconnected by road. Helicopter charters can also be arranged and private jet assistance is available with Bhutan Air Services.
Five distinct luxury lodges each showcase a slightly different side to enchanting Bhutan...
Six Senses Bhutan Thimphu Lodge:expand_more
- Room View: Thimphu Valley
- Facilities: The 25 suite and villa Six Senses Thimphu is the largest lodge in the collection. Known as a “Palace in the Sky” thanks to its 2,650-meter-high mountainside location, the lodge commands superb views of the Thimphu valley and across to the 52-metre-high Buddha Dordenma, one of the tallest Buddha statues in the world. During your stay, explore Tashichho Dzong (fortress) housing the seat of government, two 16th century buildings known as Pangri Zampa and Cheri Goemba Monastery, where the Kingdom’s first monk community was based.
Six Senses Bhutan Punakha Lodge:expand_more
- Room View: Punakha Valley
- Facilities: With rice terraces unfurling down into Punakha Valley below, the 19 suite and villa Six Senses Punakha is referred to as the “Flying Farmhouse amidst the Rice Fields,” where sweeping views of the valley dotted with paddy fields and traditional farming houses are best enjoyed from the infinity pool. Nearby places of interest include the Punakha Dzong, a masterpiece of Bhutanese architecture with 21 temples, the historical worship house at Chimi Lhakhang and the regal Khamsum Yuelley Namgyel Chorten.
Six Senses Bhutan Gangtey Lodge:expand_more
- Room View: Phobjikha Valley
Located in the little-visited Phobjikha Valley at an elevation of 3,000 meters, Six Senses Gangtey sits on the western slopes of the Black Mountains, a glacial valley and designated conservation area. With just 8 suites and 1 villa, the lodge offers perfect seclusion and décor is dominated by uncluttered lines and a natural palate. Gangtey is widely known as the home of the picturesque 16th-century Gangtey Monastery, and throughout the winter, black-necked cranes can be viewed from the lodge, the nearby Crane Center or a viewing hide situated near the main nesting grounds.
Six Senses Bhutan Bumthang Lodge:expand_more
- Room View: Jakar Valley
- Facilities: Inspired by the surrounding natural landscape located directly within an evergreen pine grove in the Jakar Valley, Six Senses Bumthang takes on the name “Forest within a Forest” and offers 8 suites and 1 villa, chic décor and eco-friendly furniture, handcrafted from recycled wood. There’s plenty to discover in Bumthang, with special highlights being the neighbouring palace, Wangdichhoeling, the grand Kurjey Lhakhang, considered one of Bhutan’s most hallowed monuments, and Tamzhing Lhundrup Lhakhang, the most important ancient temple in the Kingdom.
Six Senses Bhutan Paro Lodge:expand_more
- Room View: Paro Valley
- Facilities: Located at a stunning elevation overlooking the Paro Valley and next to the ancient zone ruins of a dzong fortress, Six Senses Paro has been uniquely designed to maximise its surrounding history and incredible valley views. Known as “Stone Ruins”, the 20-suite and villa lodge is situated near a number of monasteries and monuments, but none so dramatic as Taktsang Lhakhang, or Tiger’s Nest, a highly revered monastery built on a sheer cliff face at a height of 2,950 meters.
Culture & History
The Kingdom of Bhutan is an exceptional place and the last great Himalayan Kingdom, cloaked in enchanting mysteries where Buddhist traditions have lasted for centuries. During your stay with Six Senses Bhutan, the emphasis on experiences and service is brought alive by GEMs (Guest Experience Makers) who act as guides and assist guests in every manner possible to create an authentic Bhutanese and true Six Senses experience. Tiger's Nest Monastery amd Buddha Point are among the kingdom's most renowned sights, while a range of other monasteries and cultural gems are just waiting to be discovered. Allowing you to get the most from your time in Bhutan, Six Senses offers tailor-made journeys that include a combination of the five lodges, scattered across the central valleys.
In-keeping with Six Senses properties, each of the lodges house a spa and wellness centre offering a wide range of holistic wellness, rejuvenation and beauty treatments administered under the guidance of expert therapists. Reflecting the valley in which they are set, therapies range from hot-stone baths in Bumthang and swedana treatments at Gangtey, to stretching muscles with yoga in Thimphu and meditation sessions at Punakha and Paro, all complemented by spectacular backdrops.