- Type: Lodge
- Summary: Award-winning, all-inclusive, Western ranch experience
- Feature: Twice-daily activities within the stunning Montana landscape
- Rooms: 29 unique accomodations, rooms, canvas cabins and homes
- Star rating: Member of 'Relais & Châteaux'
- Nearest airport: Missoula Airport
Location and transfer
1 hour, 45 minutes from Missoula Airport by private car transfer.
All accommodation features air-conditioning, a mini-bar, hairdryer, bathrobes and slippers, bathroom amenities, personal safe, DVD/CD Player, telephone, iPod/iPhone docking station, wi-fi internet access and a twice-daily maid service.
The Granite Lodge Rooms:expand_more
- Room View: Various views
- Facilities: The Granite Lodge houses nine different guest rooms, each designed to a unique and iconic western theme, such as steam railroads and classic Wild West Mustang guns, while remaining comfortable and inviting.
Classic Canvas Cabins:expand_more
- Room View: Various views
- Facilities: Located just metres from the creek, the Classic Canvas Cabins, Family Canvas Cabins, Trapper Cabin and Sweet Grass Cabin offer luxurious glamping. An inviting mix of tented canvas and rustic wood, these one to three bedroom cabins boast gas ovens, comfortable beds and private bathrooms.
- Room View: Mountain and valley views
- Facilities: The one-bedroom, Wrangler, The Loft and Stables provide superb accommodation with a shared central garden area.
- Rooms: 7
- Room View: Various mountain and tree views
- Facilities: The two bedroom Bluebird, Eagle's Perch and Cattail provide a wonderful option for privacy and space, whilst the larger three bedroom Moose and Ponderosa are ideal for families or groups of friends. The ultimate Luxury Home is 'Bear' with five bedrooms.
Dining at The Ranch tells an enchanting story of Montana stock, wildlife, herb and harvest. The freshest local ingredients are sourced to combine traditional mountain cuisine with the ever-questing modern palate.
The Dining Room:expand_more
- Cuisine: Locally inspired, seasonal cuisine
- Setting: Superb attention-to-detail and hearty, wholesome foods (all made with organic produce and seasonally picked ingredients), make for a remarkable culinary experience in this cosy, traditional-style dining venue, replete with blue-checked curtains, walls and a ceiling made from logs a roaring fire in the stone fireplace.
- Dress Code: Smart/casual
- Children's Menu: Yes
- Vegetarian Option: No
- Reservation Required: No
The Blue Canteen:expand_more
- Cuisine: Freshly baked breakfast goods and grill cuisine
- Setting: This al fresco canvas-sided dining venue offers a casual ambience and is a favourite spot for guests to enjoy an early morning cup of coffee or a freshly grilled burger for lunch.
- Dress Code: Casual
- Children's Menu: Yes
- Vegetarian Option: Yes
- Reservation Required: No
The Ranch at Rock Creek sits proudly amongst the mountains of the dramatic Rocky Range, fascinating landforms that were created up to seventy-million years ago. The striking landscape, carved out by glacial Lake Missoula during the last Ice Age, provides adventure-seeking guests with the perfect terrain for an exhilarating trip. Explore the expansive valley and sagebrush hillsides on a guided hike or a thrilling mountain-bike ride. Saddle up on one of The Ranch at Rock Creek's seventy-five charismatic and reliable horses, and stroll or gallop through pine forests and wildflower meadows, experiencing the essential ranch experience in the region made for horses.
In Montana, ranch life centres on the importance of the family, and The Ranch at Rock Creek is no different. The wonderful Little Grizzlies Kids' Club provides honoured junior guests, from 4 to 12 years, with a hugely varied outdoor programme that perfectly balances fun with education and discovery. Embracing Montana's fascinating history and landscape, the club offers unique themed days and activities, including horse-riding on Ranch Life Day, an exciting adventure on Treasure Day and a nature hike on Wildlife Day. With three different age brackets, children participate in thrilling, age-appropriate, activities, allowing them a truly unforgettable and enriching trip to Montana.
The Ranch at Rock Creek believes that 'the best souvenir is a great story', providing innumerable activities for guests of all ages to enjoy, whatever the season. Try your hand at fly-fishing in the namesake Rock Creek, home to Montana's highest fish count, channel your inner-Robin Hood at an intricate 3D archery course or capture the valley's breathtaking scenery and beautiful wildlife with help from the Montana Photography Workshop, learning the cornerstone techniques of the National Geographic Society's world-renowned photographers. In colder months, take to the pristine peaks to enjoy a truly unparalleled winter experience involving skiing, ice-fishing, snowmobiling and more!
Culture & History
Boasting a truly fascinating history, The Ranch at Rock Creek came to life during the silver mining boom of the late-nineteenth century, with the iconic discovery of sapphires in Rock Creek's drainage occurring in 1892. Channel your inner prospector on an enlightening excursion and sift for treasure through freshly mined sapphire gravel. Operating for decades as a typical southern cattle ranch, the resort still treasures the original barn, which has been remodelled into luxuriously rustic accommodation. Rare snapshots of frontier life pepper the lodge's walls, whilst ranch staff includes cowboys, wranglers and mountaineers, reminding you of the rich history and absorbing culture that you are staying amongst.
Spa & Wellness
Channelling the Montana tradition that a deep connection with the land is fostered through work, wellness and play, each of the luxurious therapies available in the award-winning granite spa is magnified by the therapeutic qualities of nature. Foraged ingredients are used, alongside organic skincare products from 'bloom-to-bottle' companies. In place of rejuvenation at a city spa, these luxury treatments - including the 'Saddle Sore Soak' and the 'Hiker's Refresh' - soothe active muscles and minds after thrilling ranch adventures. Crediting this, the spa received the 2016 Spafinder Wellness Travel Award for 'Best Spa for Outdoor Activities & Adventure'.
Get closer to nature at The Ranch at Rock Creek, located in western Montana, home to the most abundant wildlife population in the lower forty-eight states. The varied terrain is home to an even more varied selection of fascinating creatures - including moose, coyotes, beavers and even bears and mountain lions - that are particularly visible during early morning and evening outings. A spectacular bird population includes majestic Bald and Golden Eagles, Osprey, hawks and the beautifully hued Western Bluebird. Guided expeditions and wildlife Jeep tours are available for guests that wish to further discover these magnificent and diverse creatures.
A recent addition to the activities menu is geocaching. This outdoor tracking game has guests of all ages searching through The Ranch, as well as Bureau of Land Management and National Forest land, using GPS-enabled devices to uncover a set of clues that, when uncovered, reveal a secret message. Adult geocaching is available at intermediate or expert ability levels, whilst the Little Grizzlies Kids Club offers a specially adapted children’s scavenger hunt. Please Note: Whilst there is Wi-Fi available at the ranch, mobile telephone coverage may be less reliable.