The New York-based, award-winning company Champaliamaud Design have overseen the creation of the beautiful guest rooms and suites, which combine an English country house feel with a contemporary flair and custom furnishings, as well as views over either the River Thames or thoughtfully designed estate grounds. Each is complete with a complimentary mini bar, Nespresso coffee machine, USB charging ports, a HD television, in-room climate control, bathrobes and slipper, and luxury Aromatherapy Associates toiletries. Select rooms are dog friendly and an additional fee applies for your furry friends.
The Barn Room:expand_more
- Size: 18m²
- Room View: Estate and grounds
- Facilities: Located in the beautiful barn on the mainland of Bray, this charming room features a queen bed and marble en suite bathroom with walk-in shower.
The Temple Room:expand_more
- Size: 18m²
- Room View: Grounds or River Thames
- Facilities: Located in the main Temple building, this stylish room features a queen bed, a desk and a marble en suite bathroom with walk-in shower.
The Temple Terrace:expand_more
- Size: 20m²
- Room View: River Thames
- Facilities: Located in the main Temple building, this stylish room features a queen bed, a desk and a marble en suite bathroom with walk-in shower. It opens out onto a private terrace or balcony overlooking the river.
The Wedgewood Suite:expand_more
- Size: 38m²
- Room View: Estate and River Thames
- Facilities: The stunning, Grade I listed Wedgewood Suite boasts oak panelled walls, ornate ceiling work, plenty of light and a reproduction of the Duke of Marlborough at the island. It features a master bedroom with separate seating area, dressing room and impressive en suite bathroom.
Dining celebrates British produce and cooking, offering fuss-free yet full-flavoured menus.
Monkey Island Brasserie:expand_more
- Cuisine: Modern British cuisine with freshly sourced produce, local where possible
- Setting: An elegant dining room with vaulted ceilings, an impressive wine wall and striking open-kitchen, leading out to a terrace with Thames views
- Dress Code: Smart casual
- Children's Menu: Yes
- Vegetarian Option: Yes
- Reservation Required: Yes
Spa & Wellness
Inspired by the famed Apothecaries’ Barge that was moored off the Thames in London in the 17th century, the Floating Spa is housed in a specially built riverboat. A variety of treatments are yours to choose from – from the ‘Monk’s Elixir’ inspired by the monks after which the island is named, to therapies using unique British ingredients, to an authentic Malay massage.
While giving a real sense of exclusivity and serenity, Monkey Island is ideally located within easy reach of several landmarks and places of interest. Bray itself is a real foodie destination, home to two of the four three-Michelin-starred restaurants in the United Kingdom. Just five miles away, the royal castle of Windsor and the eponymous village are a delight to explore, while Maidenhead, Eton, Henley-on-Thames and Marlow are also nearby. You may time your visit with a trip to the Ascot racecourse just nine miles away, or head into London for a day enjoying the sights.