- Type: Luxury Private Estate
- Summary: A stylish and sophisticated private-use mansion and lodge
- Feature: A Finnish wood-fired hot tub and sleek cinema room
- Rooms: 9 in mansion, 4 in lodge
- Nearest airport: Edinburgh Airport
Location and transfer
Overlooking the lovely Highland town of Aberfeldy in Perthshire, Dun Aluinn is approximately 1 hour, 40 minutes from both Edinburgh Airport and Glasgow Airport.
The mansion and The Lodge can either be rented separately or together for up to 26 guetsts. Each with a unique design, the main mansion features nine bedrooms with en suite bathrooms, two with freestanding tubs and one with its own steam room. The Lodge, meanwhile, features four bedrooms — two with king beds, two with super-king beds and all with en suite bathrooms. Amenities in all guest rooms include Superior Egyptian cotton bedlinen, towels and bathrobes from Harper London.
- Room View: Estate grounds
- Facilities: The main mansion at Dun Aluinn houses nine en suite bedrooms that sleep a total of 18 guests. There's also a wealth of living space, a dining room, state-of-the-art kitchen, children's den and cinema room.
The Lodge at Dun Aluinn:expand_more
- Room View: Grounds, valley and River Tay
- Facilities: Reached via its own entrance and with private parking, the Lodge sleeps 8 guests across its four en-suite bedrooms. It can be rented independently of the main house or together for larger groups of up to 26. There's also a lounge area with feature fireplace, open plan dining kitchen and superb decking area with fire pit.
Private Estates & Castles
Opting for this marvellous mansion doesn’t mean sacrificing the amenities and facilities of a luxury hotel. Enjoy the dedicated services of a chef, house manager and housekeeping staff, as well as a hot tub nestled in the woods, a state-of-the-art cinema room with Bose surround sound, and a large terrace with a fire pit and great views. With plenty of space, multiple bedrooms and a playden filled with books and toys for little ones, Dun Aluinn is fabulous for families, allowing you to spend uninterrupted quality time together - whether you stay in the mansion, lodge or combine the two for a huge get together of up to 26 guests. The 5.5-acre estate is also an ideal venue for your dream wedding or unforgettable celebration.
Dining & Gourmet
During your stay at Dun Aluinn, enjoy catering from Ballintaggart Farm, a Michelin Guide-featured supplier that celebrates locally sourced and seasonal produce. A private chef will tailor all dishes to your party's requirements, serving up the delights to the stunning cast bronze dining table . As well as hearty Scottish breakfasts, brunches, light lunches, gourmet picnics and home-baked afternoon tea, dinner options at Dun Aluinn cover everything from multi-course tasting menus to delicious barbecues. Self-catering options are also available.
Lakes & Mountains
Overlooking the hills, a stay here invites you to embrace the great outdoors through a range of activities that can be arranged by your dedicated butler or the Elegant Resorts concierge. Discover the spellbinding Scottish Highlands as you enjoy hiking, biking, fishing for trout or salmon, pony trekking, falconry displays, white-water rafting or 4WD adventures. Exclusive-access whiskey tours and tastings can also be enjoyed.