Seemingly crouching throughout the landscape like some otherworldly being, the cocoon tents take their inspiration from the early pioneers, where great luxury was not sacrificed for the sake of travel. Evoking an atmosphere of the past, yet firmly in the present, these unique spaces offer teak floors, canvas walls, dark leather, four-poster beds, and handmade copper baths. Private decks overlook a watering hole, designed to attract an exceptional array of flora, fauna, and birdlife.
- Rooms: 1
- Size: 55m²
- Room View: Jungle views
- Facilities: With vaulted ceilings, a jungle vista outlook, and a private outdoor deck overlooking the watering hole, these suites are glamping at an unseen level. A sumptuous four-poster bed swathed in floating drapes takes centre stage in the bedroom, whilst a copper standalone bathtub gazing out at the view, takes pride of place in the bathroom. Wi-Fi, air-conditioning, a Sonos speaker, and Nespresso machine come as standard.
Cocoon Pool Suite:expand_more
- Rooms: 1
- Size: 55m²
- Room View: Lush vegetation vistas
- Facilities: Seriously cool expedition vibes meet sumptuous luxury in the pool suites. Natural colours and textiles create a welcoming, stylish retreat dominated by a fabulous four poster bed. Twin vanities, and a copper bathtub await in the bathroom, whilst outside on your private deck the glistening, cool waters of your private plunge pool beckon.
Family Cocoon Suite with Urchin:expand_more
- Rooms: 2
- Size: 55m² and 20m²
- Room View: Lush jungle views
- Facilities: The family cocoon suite pairs a standard cocoon suite with an adjoining urchin, a twin-bedded addition that is an enchanting space for older children. The same attention to detail and inspirational décor will fuel the imagination of even the most reluctant child.
Dining is nothing short of spectacular in a building equally as impressive. The dome shaped dining pavilion boasts arched openings, soaring ceilings and is cooled by the ocean breeze. Ten Tuskers Bar is crafted from a woven bamboo structure and sits overlooking the ocean, by the pool and a place for delicious cocktails as the sun sets, or an evening night cap under the stars.
The Dining Pavilion:expand_more
- Cuisine: Sri Lankan and International dishes
- Setting: Rustic-luxe pavilion
- Dress Code: Resort wear
- Children's Menu: Yes
- Vegetarian Option: Yes
- Reservation Required: No
Fire the imagination of the children and get them to step away from their phones as they head out into the bush with Junior Ranger experience. Under the intuitive guidance of a ranger they'll learn how to pitch a tent, build a campfire, and learn the art of bush craft including how to identify animals from their tracks. (Suitable for children aged 10 years and over)
Wild Coast Tented Lodge is redefining the traditional safari as a more holistic experience, taking inspiration from incredibly diverse habitat in which it sits. Guided nature walks and game drives form just some of the activities available. Other diversions include educational Sri Lankan cookery classes and afternoon tea - jungle style, along with bicycle explorations, jungle monastery visits, and wellness therapies.
Embark on a game drive that is a little different to the norm. Operating within a public national park the passionate ranges will showcase the whole range of biodiversity that can be found within the borders of the park. Leopards, bears, and elephants are a highlight of the Yala National Park, and you'll see much more besides. Guided nature walks are also included and are one of the most immersive ways to explore the wilderness. The highly trained rangers are skilled in the dying art of bush craft and this makes for a superb wilderness experience.
Two Cocoons offer differently-abled guest access.