Complete with a minimalist design to enhance the mountain or garden views, chalets each boast king or twin bedrooms, along with a private terrace or balcony with recycled teakwood safari chairs, and an en suite bathroom with a rain shower. Amenities include a ceiling fan (due to the high altitude and design of the property, air conditioning and heating is not required), hair dryer, in-room safe, tea/coffee making facilities, up-cycled rubber wood lounge chairs and premium toiletries. Wi-Fi is not automatically available but can be requested and is complimentary.
Mountain View Chalet :expand_more
- Rooms: 16
- Size: 500 square feet
- Room View: Mountains
- Facilities: Overlooking the mountains, this elevated, standalone chalet features a private balcony and plush king bed, accommodating two adults.
Garden View Chalet :expand_more
- Rooms: 4
- Size: 500 square feet
- Room View: Gardens and vegetation
- Facilities: This spacious chalet is designed for families with children (above 12 years old). All chalets have a glass wall that provide mesmerising views of the lush vegetation surrounding the area.
In keeping with the wellness philosophy, cuisine at Santani is nutritious and balanced, encouraging freedom of choice. In place of one menu for all guests, Santani’s experienced, internationally trained chefs will prepare your healthy natural dishes according to a custom meal plan created in co-ordination with the Head of Wellness and Santani’s in-house Ayurvedic doctor. As well as the main restaurant, an open-air pavilion lounge flaunts a biodynamic wine and fresh juice bar. Stays here are on a full board basis and include all breakfast, lunch, dinner, and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Cuisine: Bespoke wellness fare created for you in accordance to your preferences – whether you like vegetarian, vegan, raw or more hearty cuisine
- Setting: An elevated restaurant with floor-to-ceiling windows and great views
- Dress Code: No dress code
- Children's Menu: No
- Vegetarian Option: Yes
- Reservation Required: No
Spa & Wellness
As an award-winning wellness retreat, Santani’s spa is truly exceptional and, spread across three floors, is one of the largest in Sri Lanka. Following an assessment of body composition, lifestyle, emotional balance and future goals, wellness programmes are tailored to each guest’s personal requirements, blending ancient Ayurvedic practices with cutting-edge innovations. Hydrotherapy facilities include a salt bath, sauna and steam room, while complimentary yoga and meditation classes are held twice daily in the yoga sala.
Lakes & Mountains
Set on the site of an old tea plantation with 300-metres of private river frontage, the location of Santani offers not only beautiful views and relaxation, but exceptional trekking opportunities as well. Visit hanging bridges, scenic rivers and ancient temples, perhaps spotting local wildlife or stopping to meditate amid the postcard-perfect scenery.
In keeping with the restful atmosphere, and due to the mountain top location and open architecture, only children aged 12 years old and above are permitted to stay at Santani Resort & Spa.