- Type: Lodge
- Summary: An elegant Edwardian-style manor house overlooking the plain
- Feature: A large rim-flow pool and exceptional safari activities
- Rooms: 17 rooms and suites
- Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa
- Nearest airport: Port Elizabeth Airport
Location and transfer
Approximately 90 minutes from Port Elizabeth International Airport by private car transfer. Air transfers can also be arranged.
Contemporary luxury meets Edwardian style in all the spacious, elegant rooms at Long Lee. With plush beds and light cotton linens, the rooms all feature floor-to-ceiling windows, opening onto wide verandas or balconies. Antique wood furnishings and tasteful décor add period touches to each room and large en suite. Private verandas or balconies create a peaceful haven to enjoy the beauty of the wildlife at Shamwari, in the ultimate luxury. Amenities of each room include Wi-Fi, TV’s, luxury bathrobes, mini bar and Nespresso coffee machines.
- Room View: Garden and Plains
- Facilities: Featuring a large, plush bed and a separate living area, these rooms open onto private verandas with stunning views of the reserve.
- Room View: Plains
- Facilities: Overlooking the magnificent Shamwari plains, these rooms feature private verandas with outdoor showers.
Manor House Suite:expand_more
- Room View: Pool and Waterhole
- Facilities: Based in the original manor house, these spacious suites open onto large balconies, with stunning views that stretch to the waterhole.
- Room View: Plains
- Facilities: Ideal for families, this stylish villa includes two bedrooms with en suites and a separate living and dining area. French windows open onto a private plunge pool, with comfortable loungers and shaded areas.
Serving three fabulous meals a day, the dining room is a calm, sophisticated setting. Choose between dining indoors or outdoors, with the option in the evening to dine on the outdoors Boma, overlooking the vast plains. A stylish bar reflects the elegance of the Edwardian era, in perfect keeping with the historic manor. A safari tradition: sundowner drinks are served on evening game drives, ideal for enjoying the awe inspiring sun set.
A private game reserve, a safari in Shamwari ensures an exclusive, unforgettable trip. Game drives take place in the mornings and early evenings, when the animals are most active, offering the best encounters with the ‘Big Five’ and ensuring incredible photo opportunities. Making the most of this once-in-a-lifetime adventure, the game drive vehicles provide panoramic views of the landscape, and the expert rangers offer a unique insight into Shamwari. Tailored to individual interests, game drives are unique and create a remarkable experience.
Dedicated to wildlife conservation, Shamwari offers activities to enhance your understanding and create a truly fulfilling experience. The Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre, specialising in raising rhinos orphaned by poaching, cares for sick and abandoned animals before releasing them into their natural habitat. Guests can visit the facilities and learn about its important work, with the potential to meet the animals in the veterinary team’s care. A visit to the Born Free Big Cat Sanctuary helps raise awareness of the exploitation of animals in captivity, rescuing big cats and providing them with a sanctuary at Shamwari.