- Type: Boutique Hotel
- Summary: The intimate home-from-home ambience is delightful
- Feature: Housing the finest collection of South African artwork
- Rooms: 11 rooms & suites, plus the 5-bedroom Ellerman Villa
- Star rating: 5 Star
- Nearest airport: Cape Town International Airport
Location and transfer
35 minutes from Cape Town International Airport by car transfer.
There are just thirteen stylish guest rooms and suites, including the expansive Ellerman House Suite and East Wing Suite, which are individually decorated to provide the highest standard of luxury and pure indulgence. Individual stone-balustraded balconies offer breathtaking panoramic views across the Atlantic Ocean. Alternatively, there are two, contemporary luxury villas located next door: Villa One boasts five bedrooms and the newly created Villa Two houses three bedrooms and each one is perfect for families or groups of friends (children of all ages are welcome at Villa One, while children over the age of fourteen are welcome at Villa Two.
All guest rooms and suites have air-conditioning, a safe, hairdryer, mini-bar, fridge, telephone, satellite television and a twice-daily maid service.
Ellerman House Rooms & Suites:expand_more
- Room View: All but two of the thirteen rooms and suites have views of the Atlantic Ocean and Robben Island.
- Facilities: Ellerman House boasts eleven luxurious en suite guest bedrooms and two spacious guest suites, all featuring rich textures, fine linen and examples of African art. Each individually decorated room or suite has flat-screen satellite television, underfloor heating, air-conditioning, internet access, a private stone balustraded balcony and a complimentary mini-bar. This is gracious, elegant accommodation at its very best.
Ellerman House Villa One:expand_more
- Size: 692m²
- Room View: Panoramic Atlantic Ocean views
- Facilities: Offering supreme contemporary luxury and service in a private, self-contained location, Villa One is modern in style and offers five bedrooms (two of the bedrooms are located on the lower spa level), a separate television lounge, dining room and study, as well as a fabulous pool deck with a swimming pool. The villa boasts the round-the-clock and discreet services of a private Chef and hospitality team. Ellerman House Villa One can only be hired as a complete unit, making it an ideal option for families or a group of friends. Children of all ages are welcome at Villa One.
Ellerman House Villa Two :expand_more
- Size: 432m²
- Room View: Garden views
- Facilities: Built above the stunning new Wine Gallery, the two-storey Villa Two is ideal for families travelling with children over fourteen years of age and high-profile guests seeking complete privacy. Luxuriously appointed guest bedrooms with open-plan bathrooms are situated on the first level, along with a study area and a surround-sound mini-cinema. On the top level are the entertainment, dining and living areas - fold-away glass doors lead out to the patio and infinity-edge swimming pool. Guests of Villa Two enjoy the exclusive services of a Chef and small team of staff.
The cuisine at Ellerman House works alongside its art and fine wine, creating an experience notable to even the most discerning travellers. Overlooking the sparkling Atlantic, guests are delighted with vibrant recipes, highlighted by Cape Malay spices and Farmers’ Market organic fruit and vegetables.
The Dining Room:expand_more
- Cuisine: Local dishes and European-inspired cuisine.
- Setting: Dressed in muted pastels, The Dining Room offers magnificent views of the Atlantic Ocean and its acclaimed international Chefs provide a true gourmet dining experience.
- Dress Code: Smart/casual
- Children's Menu: No
- Vegetarian Option: No
- Reservation Required: No
Ellerman House boasts an enviable spot in Cape Town - affectionately known as the Mother City - a world-class destination that truly has it all. Discover its beautiful white sand beaches, before savouring a chilled glass of South African wine in a hip bar on bohemian Long Street. Sample some of the world's finest cuisine at Camps Bay, or experience unrivalled shopping at Victoria & Alfred Waterfront. Marvel at the views of city and sea from iconic Table Mountain, one of the Seven Wonders of the Natural World. Whatever you do, Cape Town will surely captivate you from the moment you arrive.
Fine art is an integral part of Ellerman House & Villas, with a collection of works spanning over two centuries. Guests can join the hotel's art guide for a tour of the property or a behind-the-scenes look at one of Cape Town's galleries. For an extra special excursion, the hotel also offers a Benguela Diamond journey. Taking a private plane charter to a private mine, join divers on their boat as they head out to pick diamonds from below before returning to a luxury villa to examine the new selection.
Dining & Gourmet
With a wine collection of 7,500 bottles, including special releases and sought-after vintages, Ellerman House & Villas is an essential stop for oenophiles. The cutting-edge design of the wine cellar boasts incredible structural elements, and is a unique setting to enjoy tastings of a rare breadth of wine and even vintage Dom Pérignon in the Champagne cellar. There are a number of experiences guests can be a part of, including culinary pairings, vineyard tours or an exquisite three-course dinner paired with Louis XIII Cognac.
The Ellerman House Spa, located on the ground floor of Ellerman House Villa One, features three treatment rooms, a large sauna, sensation shower and a stunning relaxation lounge with an infinity-edge jet pool surrounded by a decked area and offering uninterrupted views of the Atlantic Ocean.
Beyond the hotel, activities such as golf, mountain-biking, hiking, horse-riding, fishing, sailing, water-skiing, diving, canoeing, kayaking and seasonal whale-watching can all be arranged.