- Type: Boutique Hotel
- Summary: An opulent 19th century villa brimming with style
- Feature: Each room features bay windows with stunning views
- Rooms: Six rooms
- Star rating: Member of 'Small Luxury Hotels of the World'
- Nearest airport: Queenstown Airport
Location and transfer
Approximately 15 minutes from Queenstown Airport by private car transfer.
Each of the hotel’s six bedrooms are unique, with a maximalist style and modern luxury amid authentic Victorian details. Decorated in rich hues and quirky patterns, the rooms have different layouts, antique furnishings and large bay windows that offer spectacular views of Lake Wakatipu and Skyline Hill. Each room has a plush super king bed with rich cotton damasks, whilst the authentic bathrooms feature luxury bathrobes and Nellie Tier amenities.
- Size: 23-33m²
- Room View: Gardens and Mountain
- Facilities: Each of the five premium rooms are uniquely styled and named after figures in the hotel's history. With lavish décor, each room features luxurious drapery and antique furnishings.
- Size: 44m²
- Room View: Lake and Skyline Hill
- Facilities: With large bay windows offering beautiful views, this elegant room features a royal colour palette of purple, navy and gold, antique furnishings and a deep soaking bath in the en suite.
Served in the stylish Palm Lounge, a fabulous a la carte breakfast menu uses locally sourced, seasonal and fair trade ingredients, much grown from the kitchen’s garden. Pre-dinner drinks are centred around Central Otago’s pinot noir, and canapés are offered in the evening, whilst the hotel staff happily provide recommendations and transport to Queenstown’s many celebrated restaurants.
Lakes & Mountains
Minutes from the shore of Lake Wakatipu, Hulbert House is nestled within one of the most beautiful regions of New Zealand. Perfect for relaxing, the shores offer public barbecues and a small beach, with stunning views of the dramatic Remarkables mountain range in the backdrop- ideal for skiing in winter months. There are endless hiking trails to explore around Queenstown- take the Tiki Trail or gondola up Skyline Hill for outstanding views of the hotel within the city and the surrounding natural beauty. As the adventure capital of New Zealand, Hulbert House offers a luxurious base, minutes from Queenstown’s centre. The friendly staff are happy to advise on the huge range of activities: including bungee-jumping, jet boating, golfing and incredible skiing. With two e-bikes available for guests to use, the hotel provides a fantastic way to explore the vibrant city and lake.
With stunning views of Lake Wakatipu and the surrounding mountains, each of the exquisite rooms of Hulbert House offer an intimate and luxurious escape. After an exciting day delving into Queenstown’s adventure and exploring the majestic Southern Alps, the boutique hotel offers privacy and comfort for couples to enjoy quality alone time. Enjoy some of Central Otago’s finest wine whilst watching the sun set over the lake from the outdoor patio or from one of the room's bay windows. A peaceful retreat in this vibrant city, the opulently designed hotel offers the ultimate romantic experience of Queenstown.