- Type: Luxury Lodge
- Summary: A lavish homestead in the hills of Hawke's Bay
- Feature: Bespoke tours of New Zealand's finest vineyards
- Rooms: Six rooms and One Cottage
- Star rating: Member of 'Small Luxury Hotels of the World'
- Nearest airport: Hawke's Bay Airport
Location and transfer
Approximately 30 minutes from Hawke's Bay Airport by private car transfer.
Each of the guestrooms are elegantly appointed, with tasteful décor and luxurious furnishings throughout. With only five rooms within the homestead, the accommodation at Greenhill feels intimate and private- a tranquil retreat whilst enjoying some of the best of New Zealand. Each room features Frette bed linens and black out curtains, with beautiful garden and courtyard views, whilst the opulent en suites offer Molton Brown amenities and luxury bathrobes.
- Room View: Central Courtyard and Herb Garden
- Facilities: With a plush king bed, this room has a luxurious en suite and French doors access the garden courtyard.
- Room View: Veranda and Garden
- Facilities: This spacious and elegant room features French doors which open to the north facing veranda and garden beyond.
Sollitt Junior Suite:expand_more
- Room View: Central Courtyard
- Facilities: Furnished with a super king bed and a sitting area, this suite has French windows opening onto the Central Courtyard.
- Room View: Veranda and Gardens
- Facilities: This magnificent suite features a bedroom with floor to ceiling windows, showcasing the stunning views, an open fireplace and two en suite bathrooms.
- Room View: Gardens
- Facilities: Consisting of a bedroom, sitting room, dressing room and en suite bathroom, this luxury suite accesses the north veranda from French windows, with an open fireplace and mini bar in the sitting room.
- Room View: Hawke's Bay Hills
- Facilities: Offering privacy and spectacular views from an expansive deck, the cottage features two bedrooms with en suites, a fully equipped kitchen, lounge with an open fire and an outdoor bath.
Referred to as the ‘fruit bowl of New Zealand’, Hawke’s Bay is home to much organic produce, as well as the finest vineyards. Greenhill Lodge showcases the best of this, sourced from local artisan produce to create fresh, exquisite gourmet cuisine. An exclusively Hawke’s Bay wine list offers the perfect accompaniment, enjoyed in the elegant dining room or on the outdoor terrace amongst stunning views. Picnic hampers are also prepared for guests to enjoy whilst relaxing in the gardens or to take on the many daytrips available in this region.
Hawke’s Bay is a stunning region of beaches, rolling hills and vibrant plains, with an abundance of activities for visitors. Within a 30 minute drive of the lodge there are over 40 world famous vineyards, producing some of the finest wines in New Zealand. A wide range of customised food and wine excursions offer the perfect experience for exploring New Zealand’s oldest wine region. Napier- with the highest concentration of Art Deco buildings in the world- is a unique city full of 1930s and Maori motifs. Greenhill offers fabulous day trips here with bespoke tours, whilst cooking classes, horse riding, golf trips and visits to the iconic Cape Kidnappers ensure an incredible experience of the Hawke’s Bay region.
An intimate and tranquil lodge, Greenhill offers an elegant and secluded escape ideal for couples. The Cottage is perfect for a romantic holiday, offering privacy and spectacular views of the rolling hills of Hawke’s Bay, ensuring peace and precious time together. Climbing the homestead’s viewing turret- a cosy sitting room with a telescope is a warm, intimate spot to share a bottle of wine amid spectacular star gazing. The finest wines of Hawke’s Bay can be sampled on bespoke, private winery tours in an inherently romantic experience.