- Type: Luxury Hotel
- Summary: A restored palace, once home to the Doge of Venice
- Feature: The stunning rooftop restaurant is a lovely spot to dine
- Rooms: 210 rooms & suites
- Location: Venice, Italy
- Nearest airport: Venice Airport
Location and transfer
40 minutes from Venice Airport by car and water taxi.
Spacious, air-conditioned and richly appointed, rooms and suites are set across three elegant palaces and many come with a balcony overlooking the lagoon. Amenities include a flat-screen television with international and movie channels, a mini bar, plush bathrobes and slippers, premium toiletries and more.
Premium Deluxe Room:expand_more
- Size: 25m²
- Room View: Neighbouring streets and buildings
- Facilities: Premium Deluxe Rooms located in the Casa Nuova and Dandolo Palaces offer decor in Venetian and Empire styles.
- Size: 23-29m²
- Room View: Inner views
- Facilities: The elegnat luxury Rooms located in the Danieli Excelsior Palace are decorated in Venetian and Gothic styles.
Dandolo Room :expand_more
- Size: 25m²
- Room View: Calle delle Rasse or the Rio del Vin
- Facilities: Admire the world-renowned handicraft of Venetian artisans from the comfort of the sumptuous Dandolo Double rooms. Located in the historic Palazzo Dandolo with views of Calle delle Rasse or the Rio del Vin, these opulent retreats have been recently restored under the direction of French designer Pierre Yves Rochon. They feature a king bed or twin beds.
Deluxe Lagoon View Room:expand_more
- Size: 33m²
- Room View: Lagoon
- Facilities: Deluxe Lagoon View Rooms feature décor in an Empire or Venetian style, and are located in the Dandolo or Casa Nuova Palaces.
Luxury Lagoon View Room:expand_more
- Size: 28-36m²
- Room View: Lagoon
- Facilities: Luxury Lagoon View Rooms are located in the Danieli Excelsior Palace, offering décor in a blend of Venetian and Gothic styles.
Luxury Lagoon View Room with Balcony:expand_more
- Size: 28m²
- Room View: Lagoon
- Facilities: Luxury Lagoon View Rooms are located in the Danieli Excelsior Palace, offering décor in a blend of Venetian and Gothic styles, along with a lagoon-view balcony.
Executive Suite :expand_more
- Size: 45m²
- Room View: Palazzo Ducale
- Facilities: Styled in Gothic splendour, the elegant Executive Suites are located in the Palazzo Danieli Excelsior and have been designed by renowned interior designer Jacques Garcia. They feature an opulent bedroom, en suite and separate sitting area, adorned with deep upholstery and crimson drapes.
Dandolo Suite :expand_more
- Size: 41m²
- Room View: Calle delle Rasse, the Church of San Zaccaria, Rio del Vin, or Venice’s iconic rooftops
- Facilities: Within the Palazzo Dandolo—originally constructed in the 14th century—are an array of Dandolo Suites, restyled by French architect/designer Pier Yves Rochon. Windows are dressed in damask drapes with silk curtains, while walls feature stucco in hues of pink framed by white, or etched Venetian mirror panels. A balcony is available in select suites.
Grand Dandolo Suite:expand_more
- Size: 46m²
- Room View: Calle delle Rasse, Rio del Vin, the Church of San Zaccaria, or Venice’s iconic rooftops
- Facilities: Occupying all floors of the 14th Century Palazzo Dandolo, these refined retreats carry the signature of French designer Pierre Yves Rochon. The elegant bedroom (with a king or twin beds) leads into a marble bathroom and separate living area, adorned with Venetian paintings, chandeliers and dark wood furniture.
Lagoon View Junior Suite:expand_more
- Size: 44-48m²
- Room View: Lagoon
- Facilities: Junior Suites with Lagoon View are located in the Casa Nuova Palace and offer a cosy and retreat with decor in traditional Venetian style. Undeniably romantic, the Baroque influence is evident in the embroidered pink and blue floral tapestry found in the window treatments and the upholstered furnishings, framed in softly coloured lacquer.
Lagoon View Suite:expand_more
- Size: 40-60m²
- Room View: Venetian lagoon, the renowned Grand Canal, and the Riva degli Schiavoni
- Facilities: Varying in size from 40 to 60 square metres, the one-bedroom suites in either Palazzo Danieli Excelsior or Palazzo Casa Nuova feature a host of thoughtful amenities. From the signature Luxury Collection beds to the customised Laura Tonatto toiletries in each bathroom, no detail is spared. There is also an elegant separate living area and floor-to-ceiling doors leading onto a private balcony.
- Size: 65-73m²
- Room View: The Venetian lagoon, its islands, the incomparable Grand Canal, and the ornate Punta della Dogana
- Facilities: Embracing the spirit of eras gone by, the Signature Suites at the Hotel Danieli deliver an exceptional experience, transporting guests to a time of breathtaking grandeur. The extravagantly high ceilings and original parquet or stone terrazzo alla veneziana floors convey an undeniable elegance, while a wealth of space can be enjoyed across the elegant living room, bedroom and en suite bathroom. There is also a balcony with sensational views of the lagoon. Each one-bedroom Signature Suite may be connected to adjoining Lagoon View Rooms, Premium Deluxe Rooms, or a second Signature Suite to form two, three, four and five-bedroom suites - perfect for families or larger parties travelling together.
Doge Dandolo Royal Suite:expand_more
- Size: 150m²
- Room View: 180-degree views of the Venetian lagoon
- Facilities: Boasting several balconies with 180-degree panoramic views of the lagoon, the sweeping 150-square-metre Doge’s Royal Suite offers a true taste of regal life. Terrazzo alla veneziana floors, covered by antique carpets, are joined by museum-quality furnishings and artwork. There is a Baroque-style sitting area with soaring ceilings and a decorative fireplace, as well as an elegant bedroom, marble bathroom, powder room, dining suite and three balconies. The Doge’s Royal Suite may connect with additional guest rooms and suites to form up to a five-bedroom suite.
Venice’s historic position as an intersection between East and West has given its cuisine a unique flavour. Terrazza Danieli restaurant showcases this at its best, employing seasonal, local ingredients to be enjoyed while taking in the excellent city views from the rooftop location atop Palazzo Danieli Excelsior. For something less formal, Danieli Bistro serves the finest cicchetti (small plates of food to be nibbled with wine or beer), which can be enjoyed paired with stunning views over the Venetian Lagoon.
Restaurant Terraza Danieli:expand_more
- Cuisine: Mediterranean and regional
- Setting: The stunning rooftop restaurant offers views over the Lido, the Grand Canal and the Adriatic Sea.
- Dress Code: Formal
- Children's Menu: Yes
- Vegetarian Option: Yes
- Reservation Required: No
Watery vistas, winding alleyways, elegant townhouses, cubbyhole shops, marble churches and grand palaces; Venice is truly a unique city.
Guests can traverse the network of canals, serenaded by a singing gondolier, or hop on a vaporetto (water taxi) to explore the city by night. After sightseeing, Venice offers a host of fabulous bars and restaurants where guests can enjoy wood-fired pizza with a beer, glass of wine or Campari, while admiring the Grand Canal. More formal gourmet experiences are readily available for those special occasions.
Culture & History
Sitting side-by-side on Piazza San Marco, Venice's two most iconic buildings, Basilica San Marco and the Doge's Palace, are a must-see. A short boat ride from the square is Venice Lido - a relaxing seaside resort fringed by a long sandy beach, long a haven for aristocracy, poets and writers. Famed for its flamboyant, colourful glassware, Murano Island is where glass-blowers were sent centuries ago when deemed a fire hazard to the city. The island now hosts a glass-making museum and plentiful shopping opportunities.