- Type: Luxury Hotel
- Summary: An enchanting hideaway nestled within the Balinese jungle
- Feature: An immersive experience with open villas and panoramic views
- Rooms: 16 villas
- Nearest airport: Denpasar DPS-Ngurah Rai International
Location and transfer
Approximately 125 mins by private car transfer
Each of the 16 villas are faithful to traditional Balinese architecture, built and decorated with locally sourced materials and panoramic views of the verdant surroundings. Referred to as “Bales”, meaning a space where the community gathers in the local language, the rooms welcome a connection to nature with their no-walls, no-doors design. All villas at the resort are one bedroom with king-size bed, with complimentary Wi-Fi and customisable minibar, along with bathrooms which include rainfall showers and deep-soak baths. Covering a total area of 165m2 they also offer a private terrace, pool and deck.
Riverside Jungle Pool Bale:expand_more
- Rooms: 5
- Size: 165m²
- Room View: Valley, mountain and river view
- Facilities: With a full valley and mountain view and accompanying sounds of the river and waterfall, the Riverside Jungle Pool Bale blends indoor and outdoor living. Its uniquely secluded position offers unrivalled privacy across its king bedroom, living room and pool deck.
Buahan Valley Pool Bale:expand_more
- Rooms: 3
- Size: 165m²
- Room View: Full valley and mountain view
- Facilities: Easily accessible from the resort’s public areas, these open and spacious villas enjoy views out across the Buahan valley and mountains. Comprised of a bedroom and separate living space that both benefit from the sounds of the Ayung River, the Buahan Valley Pool Bale is an ideal choice for peaceful moments.
Rainforest Pool Bale:expand_more
- Rooms: 8
- Size: 165m²
- Room View: Rice paddies and partial mountain view
- Facilities: Offering a jungle experience with unique views, the Rainforest Pool Bale allows guests to escape into the tranquil enclave of Buahan. These are rooms designed to combine elegance with authenticity for a comfortable and regenerative getaway.
The culinary experiences at Buahan - A Banyan Tree Escape place a focus on sustainability and culture. It offers authentic dining and celebrates local traditions and ingredients through a selection of small local suppliers and the resort’s on-site farm, for a true taste of Buahan. Head Chef Eka Sunarya and his team showcase their knowledge of region’s culinary heritage and produce, curating offerings that rethink how we nourish our bodies. The resort also has options for room service as well as dining events held on The Pavilion.
The Open Kitchen:expand_more
- Cuisine: Heritage flavours of Bali, pre-dominantly plant-based cuisine with a farm-to-table concept.
- Setting: Authentic and intimate, The Open Kitchen is a luxe translation of Balinese tradition. It remains true to the open style of the resort, free-flowing and exposed to the elements.
- Dress Code: Smart casual
- Children's Menu: No
- Vegetarian Option: Yes
- Reservation Required: Not essential but advised
The resort promises a learning experience with opportunities to discover the land, traditions, techniques and beliefs of Bali. Adventurous travelers can explore the abundance of available treks, whilst the spiritual minded may enjoy the Enlightenment Journey or the Tri Hita Karana to learn of the three sources of happiness in Balinese life.
The omnipresence of nature at Buahan - A Banyan Tree Escape builds an enchanting outlook and appreciation for the beauty of the world. Away from the busy, commercial areas of Bali and the day-to-day process of life, this resort makes for a perfect intimate getaway. The open layout of the rooms provides magical encounters from watching the sunrise or set over the jungle to seeing fireflies dance at night from the comfort of your villa. As an adult only property that offers unique spa experiences and adventure opportunities, it has become a popular choice for romantic breaks or honeymoon stays.
Wellbeing sits at the heart of each escape, where guests can revive their senses and reconnect to nature, embodied in the sensory experience of Toja Spa. Established in ancestral knowledge and traditions, the local healers and experts harness the riches of the island with handmade products that use local and pure ingredients. Treatments are bespoke to each guest, with customisable scrub and bath experiences.
Offering an intimate and tranquil stay, Buahan - A Banyan Tree Escape is designed for the intrepid, open-minded and eco-conscious. Its adult only setting allows guests to recentre themselves and envelop themselves in nature, focusing on the traditions and sights of the equable enclave.
Lakes & Mountains
Nestled amongst the Balinese jungle, this resort offers wondrous views across Bali's seven peaks, rice paddies and The Ayung River, with each of the Villa options showcasing its own immersive perspective. Whilst the open design welcomes the sounds of nature across the resort, there are also adventures on your doorstep where you can explore the Ayung stream and waterfall, or the top of Mount Batur.