- Type: Luxury Hotel
- Summary: An award-winning destination spa resort in the Himalayas
- Feature: Personalised wellness programmes from Ayurveda experts
- Rooms: 70 rooms, 5 suites and 3 villas
- Location: Rishikesh, Himalayas , India
- Star rating: 5 Star
- Nearest airport: Dehradun Airport
Location and transfer
Overlooking the Rishikesh valley and facing the Himalayan ranges, Ananda feels like a complete private retreat. However, it is easily reached by a short 45-minute flight from Delhi to Dehradun, followed by a 45-minute private car transfer to Ananda.
The guest rooms, suites and villas blend timeless elegance with the serenity of the mountains, featuring antique furnishings, large windows and a balcony or terrace. Amenities in each include an LCD TV, elegant writing and bedside tables, a tea and coffee maker, mini bar stocked with healthy snacks, electronic safe, fresh cotton Kurta Pyjamas, bathrobes and slippers, a pillow menu and more. A private butler service is available for those guests staying in the villas.
Deluxe Palace / Garden View Room:expand_more
- Size: 45m²
- Room View: Palace or garden views
- Facilities: Overlooking either the striking palace or the lush gardens, these rooms are simply luxurious. They feature walk-in closets and impressive bathrooms with windows overlooking panoramic views of the golf course and the Palace, with life size mirrors and a luxurious bathtub. Each room opens onto a large porch or balcony with picture-perfect views, ideal for a private meal.
Deluxe Valley View Room:expand_more
- Size: 45m²
- Room View: Palace and valley views
- Facilities: Newly renovated, these elegant rooms feature a private balcony with views of the Rishikesh valley. Each room is equipped with a luxurious king bed, a comfortable sofa with a footrest, walk-in wardrobe, impressive valley-view bathroom and private balcony complete with a chaise-lounge and a tea table. Some are located on the higher floors of the building, boasting panoramic valley views.
- Room View: Palace or valley views
- Facilities: The gorgeous Garden Suites face either the Valley or the Maharaja’s palace. These two-bay suites feature tastefully appointed bedrooms with sitting rooms and large bathrooms that boast tranquil garden views. Secluded private gardens are situated to overlook the valley, adding to the charm and privacy of these suites.
- Room View: Valley views
- Facilities: Housed on the ground floor and overlooking the valley, the three-bay Ananda Suite comes with luxuriously fitted bathrooms overlooking the valley and its own private sitting and dining areas. The suite also has a large private garden, which is perfect for intimate dinners and leisurely breakfasts.
- Room View: Garden and valley views
- Facilities: The Viceregal Suite is perfect for those seeking a truly elegant retreat. It comprises a spacious sitting and dining area, along with a plush bedroom featuring a period four-poster bed, while the en suite dressing room and bathroom are beautifully appointed with antique fittings and furniture. With its own private terrace and a rooftop Jacuzzi overlooking the sloping landscaped gardens and distant Ganges Valley, staying at the Viceregal Suite will take you back to India’s regal past.
- Room View: Valley views
- Facilities: The stunning villas are named after the great mountain ranges Himalaya and Shivalik, and the river Ganga that sustains the people of the valley. There a two villas with two bedrooms, and one with one bedroom, each elegantly appointed with a living room, a pantry for the butler, a dressing room and a large bathroom featuring a private sauna. Outside, enjoy a terrace with loungers, a private swimming pool and glorious views. The 40 Sq Metres private pools are surrounded with a deck area equipped with comfortable lounge beds. Ideal for a quiet retreat into a tranquil environment.
The emphasis at Ananda is on fresh natural foods low in fat and calories using whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, herbs from the onsite garden, lean proteins like chicken and fish, low-fat dairy products, and the avoidance of added or artificial salts, colours, flavours, or preservatives.
The Restaurant :expand_more
- Cuisine: Spa wellness menu (based on Ayurvedic principles) and an a la carte menu comprising ultra-fresh, nutritious Indian, Asian and Western cuisine.
- Setting: Yantric art and classical background music create a harmonious ambience. Other settings available include the Tree Top Deck, which boasts luscious views and is a particularly romantic option for dinner in the evening, and The Pavilion.
- Dress Code: Smart/casual
- Children's Menu: No
- Vegetarian Option: Yes
- Reservation Required: No
Culture & History
The Beatles may have put Rishikesh on the map in 1968, but the area known as 'Valley of the Saints' has been one of the holiest Hindu places since ancient times. For a unique spiritual experience here, head to the town to take part in the age-old Ganga Aarati ceremony. Performed at sundown, sacred chants are followed by a fire ceremony and finally the Aarati dance, performed by a guru. The scent of incense mingles with the gurgle of the Ganges as the sun sets, creating a magical ambience.
Spa & Wellness
Boasting numerous awards, the sprawling spa - spanning 24,000 square foot and offering a menu of over 80 treatments - is the beating heart of Ananda in the Himalayas. Wellness goals are identified to create custom-made programmes under the guidance of qualified nutritionists, western and Ayurvedic physicians, spa therapists and yoga and fitness experts. You may wish to focus on stress management, chronic pain, improving sleep, weight loss, detoxing and much more, with all aspects of your stay tailored to this specific goal. Embark on a personalised fitness training program using the latest equipment and functional training or embrace the outdoor temperature-controlled swimming pool and impressive hydrotherapy facilities. A huge array of meditation and yoga sessions in various locations promote complete calm and balance.
Dining & Gourmet
Overlooking the valley of Rishikesh, Ananda's signature restaurant provides a feast for all the senses. Featuring Indian, Oriental and Western cuisine, the innovative à la carte menu changes with the seasons, following Ayurvedic principles in consultation with the in-house doctor. Nestled in a grove of ancient Sal trees, the outdoor Tree Top Deck and Pavilion offers light snacks and drinks, including fine wines. Elsewhere, The Viceregal Palace, adorned with portraits of dignitaries, is a regal spot for Afternoon Tea.
The breathtaking scenery and fairytale locale make Ananda in the Himalayas the perfect place to share with your special someone. For the ultimate in luxury indulgence, couples can enjoy private spa experiences in their own exclusive spa suite, while delightful candlelit dinners can be arranged in The Tree Top Deck, backed by the mighty Himalayas and magical music.