- Type: Luxury Hotel
- Summary: Luxury adults-only island retreat in pristine surrounds
- Feature: The only resort in Fiji with authentic overwater bures
- Rooms: 45 beachfront and overwater bures
- Star rating: 5 Star
- Nearest airport: Nadi International Airport
Location and transfer
Located on Malolo, one of the Mamanuca Islands, Likuliku Lagoon Resort can be easily reached from Nadi International Airport with a choice of private transfer options including catamaran, private speedboat, water taxi services as well as seaplanes and helicopters. Transfer timings vary from 10-50 minutes depending on mode of transport. Please note that helicopter and seaplanes have baggage restrictions, are weather dependent and only available during daylight hours. When planning your tailormade tour, your Luxury Travel Specialist will advise the best travel arrangements for your itinerary.
The resort is home to 45 ‘bures’, the Fijian name for room. Each one is traditionally designed and styled, luxuriously appointed and offers stunning views of the pristine Likuliku Lagoon and ocean. Taking inspiration from a traditional Fijian village, each bure showcases authentic architecture, uses natural materials and boasts traditional features. Expect to see hand carved wooden window pelmets and hand woven ‘magi magi’ (woven coconut husk) art along with Soga (palm) internal thatching woven by local artisans. Fiji’s only overwater bures are a big draw for honeymooners, whilst the deluxe beachfront bures are elegant affairs with enormous bedrooms, indoor and outdoor showers and private plunge pools right on the sand.
Garden Beachfront Bure :expand_more
- Size: 55 m²
- Room View: Garden and lagoon views
- Facilities: Set amongst swaying coconut trees, the three Garden Beachfront Bures offer serene lagoon views along with air-conditioning, a music system, a DVD player with flat screen monitor, a relaxing daybed retreat, a spacious deck, a private courtyard and a deluxe outdoor shower.
Beachfront Bure :expand_more
- Size: 55 m²
- Room View: Lagoon views
- Facilities: Similar in size and layout to the Garden Beachfront Bures but situated just steps from the ocean. The 14 Beachfront Bures offer decks with beach views, a private courtyard with outdoor shower, air-conditioning, a music system, a DVD player with flat screen monitor and a relaxed daybed retreat.
Deluxe Beachfront Bure :expand_more
- Size: 57 m²
- Room View: Lagoon views
- Facilities: Each of the spacious 18 Deluxe Beachfront Bures feature a private plunge pool, secluded rear courtyard, outdoor shower, spacious deck and day bed retreat. The split level design optimizes the spectacular views over the lagoon. Traditional designs and natural materials reflect the beauty and history of the South Pacific.
Overwater Bure :expand_more
- Size: 60m²
- Room View: Over water lagoon views
- Facilities: Suspended over the lagoon and perched on the edge of the vibrant reef in the natural lagoon, the 10 Over-water Bures each feature a private deck and a luxurious separate bathing pavilion with lagoon views from the bath. Each of these exclusive bures boasts a king size bed, air-conditioning, a music system and DVD player with flat screen monitor. Glass floor-panels for aquatic vistas, direct ladder access to the lagoon and incredible ocean views from just about everywhere ensure these Bures are always popular with honeymooners.
Likuliku Lagoon Resort offers one main restaurant, Fijiana, which features a delicious daily changing lunch and dinner menu with an emphasis on the finest local ingredients including fresh seafood and lush tropical fruits. Dining can be enjoyed al fresco, where beautiful views over Likuliku Lagoon are the most romantic of backdrops. In addition there are 2 bars - Masima is located on an island in the central lagoon and is open daily with a selection of bar snacks. There is surely no better place to start the night than here, sipping a cocktail with the calm, blue waters of the lagoon all around and the warming flames of the firepits coming to life as the sun sets on another day in paradise. Dua Tale bar is located in the central complex and is the perfect place to relax, cool off out of the sun and enjoy a refreshing drink. The resort also offers pizzas by the pool and deluxe picnics ideal for days out exploring the island. Room service is not available.
A range of activities and excursions promise fun-filled days and memories to last a lifetime. The pretty lagoon surrounding the resort is perfect for exploring by canoe, kayak, SUP, or on a sailing boat, all of which are complimentary, and you can also glimpse life beneath the surface whilst snorkelling, enjoying the underwater world here, a tropical paradise courtesy of its protected marine status, which allows colourful fish, starfish and turtles to flourish. Over 44 dive sites provide scuba divers of all levels the opportunity to experience everything from calm inner reef dives to deeper oceanside explorations, opening up the fascinating underwater world and amazing marine life to all. Other highlights include island hopping trips, sandbar picnics, dolphin safaris, sunset cruises, and fishing excursions, whilst back on dry land nature trails and guided walks get you close to the island's flora and fauna. Discover more about local life on trip to an island village, where inhabitants will explain the history of the area and their way of life, providing a fascinating insight into Fijian culture.
Soft, white sands ringed by clear, tropical waters promise beach bliss for guests at this luxurious retreat. But perhaps the ultimate island paradise awaits at Mocui Private Island, a tiny, privately owned uninhabited island just 15 minutes boat ride from the resort. Here, in the heart of the protected marine reserve, silky sands meet swaying palm trees and a rocky interior with not a soul to be seen. Take it all in as you enjoy a romantic lunchtime picnic for two, an experience you'll never forget.
Embrace the romance in a Fijian island paradise. Pure, white sands and clear, blue waters are the perfect paradise for couples, who can enjoy quiet, uninterrupted time together in this adults-only retreat. Do as much or as little as you'd like - relax around the shimmering swimming pool, enjoy a relaxing treatment in the spa, while away the day in a romantic overwater bure or explore the island together, the choice is yours. Evenings are made for sunset drinks, cuddling up around one of the firepits, and sampling delicious, fresh cuisine al fresco with the sea breeze whispering as you eat, before retiring to your charming beachfront or overwater bure.
Pure relaxation in a serene setting awaits at Tatadra Spa, whose name means 'House of Dreams'. With lush, green vegetation all around and stunning lagoon views to the front, the spa is a gloriously soothing environment for a range of beauty and body treatments. Staff expertly combine traditional indigenous techniques with modern methods from around the world in an enticing menu of treatments using 'Pure Fiji' natural body care products.