- Type: Luxury Lodge
- Summary: A sustainable eco-lodge set amid biodiverse rainforest
- Feature: Open-air living to embrace the abundance of local wildlife
- Rooms: 11 bungalows and 6 villas
- Nearest airport: Juan Santamaria International Airport
Location and transfer
Approximately a 90-minute flight to Santamaría International Airport from Jose International Airport, followed by a 45-minute drive to Lapa Rios Lodge.
Lapa Rios Eco Lodge features 17 rustically luxurious bungalows and villas dotted along the ridge of the private reserve, featuring tasteful interiors with ornaments handcrafted by Costa Rican artists. All accommodation features a private deck with outdoor rain shower, hammock and loungers, ceiling fan, bathroom with rain shower, organic toiletries, a king-size or two queen-size beds, canopy nets and a laptop safe. Please note that the lodges do not feature air-conditioning, though the open-air structure allows for constant air-flow from the ocean-facing ridge. Wi-fi is available throughout. Housekeeping service is twice-daily, and a turndown service is provided nightly.
Deluxe Bungalow :expand_more
- Rooms: 11
- Room View: Rainforest and ocean
- Facilities: The recently renovated Deluxe Bungalows feature a beautiful bedroom with a king bed or two queen beds, a spacious indoor bathroom, and a private alfresco deck with rain shower, hammock and lounge chairs.
- Rooms: 2
- Room View: Rainforest and ocean
- Facilities: This spectacular villa boast beautiful views of the jungle and ocean from its private outdoor deck, complete with a rain shower and lounge chairs. Inside, there's a king bedroom, living room with daybed and spacious indoor bathroom. Amenities include a radio for communicating with the main lodge.
- Rooms: 4
- Room View: Rainforest and jungle
- Facilities: This striking villa flaunts views across the jungle towards the ocean - best enjoyed from its private plunge pool. There's also a master bedroom with king bed, large living room with additional day bed and impressive indoor bathroom. Amenities include a radio for communicating with the main lodge.
Together with local chefs, Greek-born Chef Belesis has created an intensive culinary experience, using modern technology and techniques to creatively highlight local ingredients in inventive ways, with much of the vegetables and herbs grown at the onsite farm. Each stay includes three à la carte meals per day, as well as regular snacks, local coffee, tea, chocolate and soft drinks. Cookery classes can also be enjoyed, as well as unique private dining experiences.
Brisa Azul Restaurant & Bar:expand_more
- Cuisine: Enjoy delectable varied menus featuring responsibly-sourced produce for breakfast, lunch and dinner (included in rate)
- Setting: An open-air restaurant with outstanding views of the rainforest and ocean.
- Dress Code: Casual
- Children's Menu: Yes
- Vegetarian Option: Yes
- Reservation Required: No
Set on the Osa Peninsula, Lapa Rios Lodge offers a world of adventure. Guided tours within the Lapa Rios grounds are included in your stay and are led by expert guides who will take you on an array of hikes and wildlife trails. Head into the spectacular rainforest to discover pristine waterfalls, discover the medicinal use of plants, hike the ridge for breathtaking views or explore the nearby beaches – wherever you go, your guide will share their knowledge and point out wildlife along the way. Other activities offered outside the lodge include a canopy zip line, waterfall rappelling, kayaking, horse riding, surfing and stand-up paddle boarding.
The Osa Peninsula is home to the world-famous Corcovado National Park and packs an impressive 2.5% of the world’s biodiversity into its small size, making it a haven for an array of wildlife. With world-class wildlife guides, boasting almost fifty years of cumulative experience, you will have the chance to spot spider monkeys, sloths, bats, armadillos and much more, along with big cats such as pumas, ocelots and jaguars. There have also been over three-hundred bird species spotted at Lapas Rios, along with an array of reptiles, amphibians, lizards and colourful insects. There are plenty of tours to help you see as much as you can, such as sunrise bird tours and night walks, while outside the lodge you can go dolphin watching or take a turtle tour. All reservations include a Conservation Fee of $25 per person, per stay to help us take their sustainability efforts even further and protect this wildlife.
Lapa Rios is located with four beaches nearby, offering a fantastic spot where the rainforest meets the shore. Punta Carbonera is within walking distance, where you can head down for a surfing lesson and swim the waters, while Backwash Bay and Playa Matapalo are not safe for swimming but are possibly the most beautiful spots to admire.
Luxury Family Holidays
Lapa Rios Lodge is a fantastic destination for families, and children aged over six years are welcome to join in the fun. There is no shortage of adventures and things to do and you can have your own family-friendly itinerary to suit the whole family. Young explorers have the chance to get up close to an array of fascinating wildlife and can join in with planting trees, spotting animals and insects, discovering rainforest waterfalls and much more - children will be budding biologists before they know it! There are also child-friendly menus available plus safe waters on the beaches and a local school to visit where you can meet local children.
Lapa Rios Lodge is a great place for nature-loving couples to take an adventurous honeymoon or romantic holiday together. After exploring the beautiful rainforest, take a stroll or horseback ride along the beach before settling under the stars for a candle-lit private dinner overlooking the Osa jungle. You can also leave a helpful mark of your visit behind by planting your own tree and dedicating it to your newly married life - it will be nurtured at the resort for years to come - or simply treasure the morning sunrise from your private deck as you savour freshly brewed Costa Rican coffee.
Take in the magical sounds and fragrances of the rainforest at Pura Vida Wellness and bask in the bliss of this stunning location. Perfect for relaxing after a day of adventure, head to the massage hut to indulge in a choice of massages, a holistic experience, reflexology, lymphatic release or a facial, using natural ingredients for their nourishing benefits. Lie back in a hammock and watch the light turn golden or rejuvenate with complimentary yoga sessions from the ocean-view deck.