- Type: Boutique Hotel
- Summary: Rustic yet refined boutique lodge in the Atacama Desert
- Feature: Guests are assigned a personal Tour Guide during their stay
- Rooms: 8 thatched bungalows
- Star rating: Member of 'Relais & Châteaux'
- Nearest airport: Calama Airport
Location and transfer
1 hour from Calama Airport by car transfer.
Amongst the impressive scenery of the Atacama Desert, the Awasi Hotel offers the perfect off-grid hideaway. Explore lunar valleys and canyons, observe a host of wildlife, including flamingos and Desert Foxes, and watch geysers as they spurt steam and water into the clear desert skies, which by night offer the most spectacular stargazing opportunities. If your feet need a break, explore the area on a gentle horse-riding trek or, for a true adrenaline rush, bounce across the dunes in your own dirt buggy.
Awasi Hotel's location in the Atacama Desert provides a front row seat to catching sight of plenty of animals. These vast planes are inhabited by a wide variety of animals including llamas, flamingos and the gray fox. Each room comes with an assigned personal guide and 4x4 vehicle, so take advantage and head off to spot as many species as possible.