There is no guest accommodation on board the Rocky Mountaineer (guests will overnight at a comfortable hotel, meaning that you won't miss any of the spectacular scenery by travelling at night). And with a range of multi-day itineraries available, passengers have the opportunity to stay at a number of luxury hotels before or after their train journey. Please contact your Luxury Travel Specialist for further details or to create your own luxury tailor-made Canadian itinerary, including a spectacular journey on the Rocky Mountaineer.
- Room View: Ever-changing views
- Facilities: Guests who choose the SilverLeaf Service can look forward to spending their time in a single-tier domed carriage boasting panoramic views from its picture windows. Additionally, there are reclining seats that rotate to accommodate an area for up to four guests, moderate hotel accommodation with luggage delivery and transfers to and from the Rocky Mountaineer.
GoldLeaf Service :expand_more
- Room View: Ever-changing panoramic scenery
- Facilities: The premier GoldLeaf Service offers guests the opportunity to enjoy their journey ensconsed in a luxurious two-tier coach comprising panoramic full-length domed windows, reclining seats that rotate and an exclusive restaurant car boasting picture windows (located on the bottom level of a two-tiered car) and serving gourmet cuisine to GoldLeaf passengers. Additionally, guests enjoy overnight hotel accommodation, on-board commentary, complimentary beverages (including alcohol) and complimentary luggage delivery and transfers between the hotels en route and the Rocky Mountaineer.
Rocky Mountaineer offers two levels of service to its passengers. SilverLeaf guests enjoy breakfast and luncheon in their seats, while GoldLeaf guests dine in their exclusive restaurant car.
Dining on the Rocky Mountaineer - GoldLeaf Service:expand_more
- Cuisine: International and Canadian gourmet cuisine
- Setting: GoldLeaf guests enjoy a fine dining experience, with breakfast and lunch served in the exclusive restaurant car. Tables are adorned with china, white linen and glassware, while the gourmet cuisine showcases the best Canadian ingredients, with menu highlights including Canadian Wild Salmon, Hell's Gate Spiced Chicken and Roasted Vegetable Bruschetta.
- Dress Code: Smart/casual
- Children's Menu: No
- Vegetarian Option: No
- Reservation Required: No
Guests will be spending nine hours per day on board the Rocky Mountaineer, which provides invaluable time to observe the passing scenery and wildlife. There are no power sockets and little phone signal on board, so laptops and mobile phones are not advised. You can, however, organise extensions to your trip and additional sightseeing opportunities can be arranged.
Itineraries have a duration of two days or more and travel across some of the most spectacular terrain in Canada. Voyage between Banff and Calgary while crossing the glorious Continental Divide, or depart from Vancouver and head towards Fraser Valley, admiring the rocky waters at Hell’s Gate en route. Follow the Thompson River, deep into the interior, before arriving in Kamloops, or head towards Jasper, passing by waterfalls, glaciers and the highest mountain in the Canadian Rockies, Mount Robson. Alternatively, you could venture towards the popular ski resort of Whistler and then traverse past Canadian farmland, high desert and the Cariboo Plateau. Either way, you are guaranteed a formidable, inspirational journey across the spectacular landscapes of Canada.