- Type: Luxury Hotel
- Summary: Two luxury retreats in settings of serene beauty
- Feature: Delve into the rich Buddhist culture of the Himalayas
- Rooms: 39 suites and villas across two properties
- Nearest airport: Paro International Airport
Location and transfer
COMO Uma Paro is approximately 15 minutes from Paro Airport by private car transfer. Transport to COMO Uma Punakha leaves from Paro and takes approximately five hours by car transfer.
The two COMO Uma Bhutan properties, set in the valleys of Paro and Punakha, offer distinct yet complementary experiences of the enchanting natural beauty and culture of Bhutan. The luxury of COMO is demonstrated everywhere throughout the properties, adorned with local art, the finest facilities and amenities. In both properties, all rooms feature plush beds covered in luxury cotton throws, spacious en suite bathrooms and signature COMO Shambhala bath amenities.
COMO Uma Paro:expand_more
- Room View: Paro Valley
- Facilities: Set on a tree-clad hill overlooking the cultural centre of the Paro valley, the luxurious property is the perfect introduction to Bhutan. 20 rooms and 9 private villas combine the colour of traditional Bhutanese craftsmanship and the clean-lined, contemporary design of COMO. Built of handcrafted stone, wood and tiles, the hotel is adorned with the work of local artisans, offering authentic luxury. An outstanding spa experience is offered here, along with one of Paro’s finest restaurants. In this prime location, this is a base of pure luxury to delve into the mysterious Himalayan kingdom.
COMO Uma Punakha:expand_more
- Room View: Punakha Valley
- Facilities: An intimate lodge in the west of the Punakha valley, COMO is set on a bend in the Mo Chu River, offering stunning views from every room of rice terraces, orchards and the sacred valley. Blending seamlessly into the natural landscape, the property offers luxury within the wilderness, each of the ten rooms commands sweeping views of the valley. Light and airy, the hotel is at one with nature and perfect to explore the landscape.
Culture & History
An enchanting destination, The Kingdom of Bhutan is mysterious, with Buddhist traditions that have lasted for centuries. COMO Uma Bhutan is ideal for a fulfilling experience, delving into the rich heritage of the last great Himalayan kingdom, with guides and itineraries creating an authentic experience. Bhutan’s most iconic landmark, the spectacular ‘Tiger's Nest’ Monastery, is perched on a sheer rock face, 3000 meters above the Paro valley- perfect to visit from COMO Uma Paro.
Spa & Wellness
In keeping with the Buddhist traditions of The Kingdom of Bhutan, COMO Uma Bhutan has developed a tranquil, holistic spa experience with the COMO Shambhala Retreat based across the two properties. Specialising in holistic, Asian-inspired treatments, the spas use signature treatments and ingredients to ensure the ultimate relaxation, including reflexology, Ayurveda and massages. The primary spa retreat, COMO Uma Paro has four treatment rooms, overlooking the mountains across the valley. A large indoor pool with a sundeck, state-of-the-art gym and a yoga studio with floor-to-ceiling views of Paro offer the ultimate spa experience. Incorporating Bhutanese traditions, daily yoga classes are complimentary for guests, plus authentic hot-stone bath houses at both properties.
Across the two properties, helicopter tours, mountain biking, Bhutanese cookery classes, archery (the country's national sport) and white-water rafting complete an authentic, rewarding bespoke itinerary of a magical nation.