- Type: Boutique Hotel
- Summary: A sophisticated resort in a stunning location
- Feature: A private ski instructor is available exclusively to guests
- Rooms: 14 rooms, 24 suites & 5 Thurnher's Residences
- Location: Zürs, Austria
- Star rating: Member of 'The Leading Hotels of the World'
- Nearest airport: Zurich Airport
Location and transfer
Located one hour from Innsbruck and two and a half hours from Zurich Airport.
The hotel’s rooms and suites are all individually-designed, featuring clean white walls, bold accent colours and comfy furnishings. All rooms feature hair dryers, bathrobes and slippers, bathroom amenities, personal safe, flat-screen television, satellite or cable, DVD\CD player, telephone and Wi-Fi internet access, iPod and iPhone docking stations and a twice daily maid service. There is also the option to stay in one of the newly opened and exquisitely finished Thurnher's Residences, offering a wealth of space and privacy, while still accessing all the facilities of the hotel.
- Rooms: 11
- Room View: Mountain or village views
- Facilities: Each boasting a distinct style, these spacious rooms feature a plush double bed, cosy seating area and/or writing desk, as well as an en suite bathroom. Many rooms also featue balconies with wonderful views.
- Rooms: 9
- Room View: Mountain or village views
- Facilities: Each decorated in a different colour scheme, the suites all radiate a special flair, as well as flaunting antiques and high-quality fabrics. A separate seating area lends the Junior Suites a feeling of spaciousness, while some feature an open fireplace.
- Rooms: 15
- Room View: Mountain views
- Facilities: A stylish and luxurious setting with spectacular views of the surrounding mountains, all featuring separate sleeping and living areas. Some of the suites are equipped with a whirlpool or an open fireplace, while the dedicated Spa Suite features a luxurious multi-sensory shower and steam bath. The suites with two bedrooms and two bathrooms provide plenty of space for the whole family.
- Size: 56-220m²
- Room View: Mountains of the Lechtaler Alps
- Facilities: Boasting a charming alpine style and luxury amenities, Thurnher’s Residences are the first and only serviced apartments in Zürs am Arlberg. Located directly beside the Zürser See lift and only 100-metres from Thurnher’s Alpenhof, they offer the perfect combination between the privacy of your own residence and the fabulous facilities of the hotel. Ranging from one to five bedrooms, other facilities include kitchens, large living rooms and dining areas, while interiors flaunt a sleek Italian/Scandinavian design. Several feature balconies with panoramic mountain views, while the three-bedroom Apartment 01 also boasts a private sauna.
The Restaurant offers candlelit gourmet dining with modern, exquisitely presented dishes and a choice of set or à la carte menus. As a native Vorarlberger, the new head chef Gernot Bischofberger preserves the culinary tradition from the region and combines it with many different creations from the classic haute cuisine. In Thurnher’s Lounge & Bar, an à la carte menu is offering typical Austrian cuisine as well as snacks and light bites. The service team is pleased to offer the same dishes on the stunning rooftop terrace on the fourth floor.
- Cuisine: Every evening a perfect day in the powder snow culminates in a 5 to 8-course menu created using fresh, seasonal ingredients.
- Setting: Through the expansive panoramic windows of the restaurant, lobby and bar the magnificent mountain views look close enough to touch.
- Dress Code: Smart casual
- Children's Menu: Yes
- Vegetarian Option: Yes
- Reservation Required: No
Sensational for skiing, the hotel has its own private ski instructor available exclusively to Thurnher's Alpenhof guests on a complimentary basis, while the Trittkopf cable car is just a short walk away. Zurs is an upmarket and exclusive ski resort forming part of the Arlberg ski area. Situated above 1700 metres, the snow quality is very good with access to 305 kilometres of individual pistes and more than 200 kilometres of off piste terrain, as well as convenient nursery slopes next to the main village.
Spa & Wellness
Perfect for relaxing after a day on the slopes, the Thurnhers SPA offers a selection of indulgent massage treatments, as well as a heated indoor swimming pool surrounded by loungers, Finnish sauna, bio sauna and steam bath, as well as a chilled plunge pool fed by local springs.
Two-bedroom suites provide comfortable family accommodation, while a programme of children's entertainment during holiday season will be offered complimentary. There is also a charming play room for little ones to enjoy. Private babysitting can be arranged at an additional charge. For a luxury family ski holiday with a little extra space and privacy, opt for a stay in one of the multi-bedroom Thurnher's Residences, the first and only serviced apartments in Zürs am Arlberg.