- Type: Boutique Hotel
- Summary: A luxury bush camp in the foothills of the Blue Mountains
- Feature: Six suites in a quintessentially Australian setting
- Rooms: Six
- Star rating: 5 Star
- Nearest airport: Sydney International Airport
Location and transfer
Approximately 80 minutes by private car transfer
Spicers Sangoma features just six beautifully appointed suites, each with their own distinctive personality and charm. The suites are dotted throughout the retreat, and all offer sumptuous king size beds, free standing bathtubs, a mini bar that is replenished daily, and private outdoor decks with panoramic views. Spicers Sangoma is an all-inclusive escape, and your every need is considered, leaving you free to relax and soak up the beauty of your surroundings.
- Rooms: 1
- Size: 77m²
- Room View: Natural bushland and distant city lights
- Facilities: Tucked within the main lodge, this beautiful suite has direct access to the main dining and lounge areas but remains a blissfully private escape. Underfloor heating keeps things toasty whilst the spacious living and sleeping area is wonderfully appointed and boasts an open plan en-suite with a rain shower and standalone bath.
Luxury Bush Suite:expand_more
- Rooms: 1
- Size: 56m²
- Room View: Stunning views through the Angophora gums
- Facilities: Surrounded by natural bush and accompanied by the sound of the Lyrebirds, the luxury bush suites offer tranquillity and total immersion amongst the beautiful landscape. Cosy up by the woodburning fireplace or in the two person Philipe Starck bathtub and spend evenings gazing at the stars from your private deck.
- Rooms: 1
- Size: 72m²
- Room View: Forest canopy and pristine bush
- Facilities: Designed to highlight the most incredible views, this magnificent open-plan suite is a blend of natural woods, gentle fabrics in the palest hues of cream, taupe, and grey. With huge bathrooms and a large balcony complete with a hanging swing chair overlooking the serenity of the bush, these suites are a place to disconnect from the world.
- Rooms: 1
- Size: 66²
- Room View: Magical forest views
- Facilities: This stunning, unique suite is open plan and a vision in rustic luxury. Canvas walls and timber floors are complemented by a woodburning fireplace, a bathtub large enough for two set before the view, and a spacious outside deck with sun loungers.
- Rooms: 1
- Size: 102m²
- Room View: Bushland and distant city skyline
- Facilities: Spanning two levels, this magnificent suite features an open plan ground floor with a spacious lounge and dining area, wood burning fireplace, and a private deck with your own plunge pool. On the first floor, a huge bedroom overlooking the forest canopy, and on a clear day the Sydney skyline can be seen in the distance.
All meals are included at Spicers Sangoma Retreat and the dining experience is exceptional. Embracing a philosophy that is organic, local, and sustainable, Restaurant Amara displays produce from the Hawkesbury region in a simple and unfussy way. Both lunch and dinner offer superb tasting menus to be lingered over and savoured.
- Cuisine: Local, seasonal, and organic cuisine
- Setting: Bushland retreat
- Dress Code: Retreat elegant
- Children's Menu: No
- Vegetarian Option: Yes
- Reservation Required: Yes
Designed as a peaceful and intimate adults-only retreat, Spicers Sangoma is a place to disconnect from the world and take time out to reconnect with each other. Beautiful suites with king-size beds, vast bathtubs for two, and exceptional dining make this the perfect place for a child free escape. The infinity edge pool is a calm and serene spot where you can swim in the cool waters and relax with a cocktail, gazing out over the forest canopy with just the sound of the birdsong and the wind in the trees to accompany you.
Use Spicers Sangoma as the ideal base to explore the majestic Blue Mountains. Complimentary activities include hikes and the use of mountain bikes, however there's a wealth of experiences to explore further afield, including 4WD Safaris, rock climbing, abseiling, and canyoning. Less strenuous options include water colour painting classes, private yoga, meditation sessions as well as wine, cheese, and chocolate tastings!
With just six suites and a magical bush camp setting tucked into the foothills of the Blue Mountains, Spicers Sangoma is a truly romantic place to stay. Make your time here even more special with a romantic bath butler experience, with your private bath filled with scented bubbles, candles flickering in the dusk and a chilled bottle of vintage champagne to enjoy.