- Type: Luxury Hotel
- Summary: Exclusive adults-only retreat in the beautiful Adelaide Hill
- Feature: A wealth of signature experiences and a real sense of place
- Rooms: 14 suites
- Star rating: 5 Star
- Nearest airport: Adelaide International Airport
Location and transfer
Approximately 25 minutes by private car transfer from Adelaide International Airport.
With just 14 beautiful suites, every stay at Sequoia is intimate, exclusive, and personal. The open plan design ensures the views from the sunken lounge, bedroom and spacious balconies are all-encompassing. The décor is a blend of natural stone and earthy tones, all a gentle reflection of the Adelaide Hills landscape that surrounds you. The suites all boast a state-of-the-art home control system, complimentary Wi-Fi, underfloor heating and air conditioning, smart TV, Bluetooth alarm clock, bathrobes and slippers and a Dyson hairdryer. Daily breakfast is included and can be enjoyed in lounge of in the comfort of your suite. Guests also enjoy a glass of Mount Lofty sparkling wine on arrival, a bottle of Mount Lofty sparkling wine in their suite, bottled spring water and a menu of included on-site activities.
- Room View: Panoramic Valley view
- Facilities: Each suite is designed to maximise the incredible views, all enhancing the sense of place. Outside are east facing balconies with outdoor seating, whilst the interiors feature sunken lounge rooms with beautiful stone fireplaces inset with a gas fire. King-size beds display wonderful views of the night sky and generously sized light-filled bathrooms offer a multi-directional shower and a free-standing bathtub, where you can soak in heavenly bliss with the magical views as your backdrop.
The Mount Lofty Estate is home to award-winning fine dining restaurant Hardy’s Verandah and is located in a region known for its truly exceptional dining options. Room service is also available on request.
- Cuisine: Modern Australian cuisine
- Setting: Memorable verandah views and an atmospheric setting
- Dress Code: Smart casual
- Children's Menu: No
- Vegetarian Option: Yes
- Reservation Required: Yes
The philosophy at Sequoia is to connect you the guest to the people and their land through a carefully considered selection of included experiences. These change through the seasons and include campfire storytelling sessions with respected Aboriginal elders, stargazing, intimate wine sessions with artisan wine makers, peaceful sunrise yoga sessions and guided hikes along the Heysen Trail, more often that not accompanied by kangaroos, koalas, and wallabies. Sequoia also enjoys unparalleled access to four world-class wineries within a 50-kilometre radius, including the one within which it sits, the Adelaide Hills. Guests can spend time with a South Australian wine maker discussing and tasting their wines but also explore the exceptional range of wineries in the valley below. With wine regions such as McLaren Vale and the legendary Barossa Valley on your doorstep there is much to explore and a multitude of ways in which to do it.
Sequoia is blissful adults only retreat with just 14 suites, a private guest lounge, exceptional wellbeing spa and a range of experiences including sundowners in your personal cocktail bar, are tailored with adult guests in mind.
The Gatekeepers Day Spa is a beautiful wellness destination at the Mount Lofty House Estate. In alignment with the philosophy of Sequoia the wellness offerings here are local. The much-lauded Jurlique Farm lies just a stones throw away in the embrace of gently rolling hills. Their organic products came to fruition in the Adelaide Hills as it held the purest air and water they could find.