- Type: Luxury Hotel
- Summary: A secluded luxury hotel on Kangaroo Island's coast
- Feature: 250 acres of land with native flora and fauna
- Rooms: 16 rooms and 12 villas
- Star rating: 4 Star
- Nearest airport: Kingscote Airport
Location and transfer
Located on Kangaroo Island, 112km south of Adelaide, arrival to Sea Dragon is either by air or ferry followed by a 20-50 minute road transfer. There are direct flights to Kingscote Airport on the island from Adelaide year round, as well as from Melbourne and Sydney during the summer months. Private charter flights can also be arranged. Alternatively arrive via the year round Penneshaw Ferry from Cape Jervis which takes approximately 45 minutes. Cape Jervis is situated around 2 hours south of Adelaide on the mainland.
Secluded accommodation is set in lush bushland with breathtaking ocean views from private outdoor decks as well as through large picture windows. There is a variety of accommodation available - Deluxe Ocean View Rooms, Superior Ocean View Suites, and Luxury Ocean View Villas cater to all tastes and a range of group sizes. Guest rooms are suitable for two people, whilst suites and villas can accommodate larger groups or families (with children aged 12 and over, children under that age are not able to stay in the hotel). Décor and furnishings vary in the different accommodation, but all rooms, suites and villas exude a sophisticated yet comfortable style taking inspiration from the surrounding land and sea. All rooms, suites and villas include reverse-cycle air-conditioning/heating throughout, smart TV, USB charging points, and a coffee machine as standard and villas also include a fully-equipped kitchen with full-size fridge/freezer and dishwasher.
Deluxe Ocean View Room:expand_more
- Size: 30-32m²
- Room View: Ocean view
- Facilities: Beautifully appointed en suite rooms of approximately 30-32sqm in size, situated in groups of four. Ocean views and close encounters with the local wildlife courtesy of their location in a valley popular with mother kangaroos and their joeys promise memorable moments in these chic and comfortable rooms.
Superior Ocean View Suite:expand_more
- Rooms: 4
- Size: 45-50m²
- Room View: Ocean view
- Facilities: A large lounge area is the perfect place from which to take in the breathtaking views in the Superior Ocean View Suites, and the lounge also provides extra sleeping space on a sofa bed allowing these suites to sleep either three adults or two adults and two children aged 12+. These suites are located near to the hotel dining area.
Luxury Ocean View Villa:expand_more
- Rooms: 5
- Size: 85-90m²
- Room View: Ocean view
- Facilities: The largest, most luxurious and most private accommodation at Sea Dragon, spacious lounge areas combine with large sun decks where stunning outdoor porcelain baths are well placed for al fresco soaking with mesmerising views. A fully-equipped kitchen offers all the mod cons, including a full size fridge/freezer and dishwasher. The five villas are dotted around the property, and all boast far-reaching coastal views. Villas can accommodate two adults in a king or twin configured room, and either one adult or two children aged 12+ on the lounge room sofa bed.
Continental breakfast and a delicious two-course set evening meal is included in the room rates, and draws on island and South Australian produce wherever possible, including succulent meat and fresh fish from local island suppliers and native herbs grown on the Sea Dragon land. Beer, wine and non-alcoholic drinks are included during meal times.
There is so much to do, see and experience on kangaroo Island, and the fantastic Sea Dragon guides will be excited to show you around. A full and half day group tour is included for all Experience guests, taking you to the Seal Bay Conservation Park, home to the endangered Australian sea lion, then onto Flinders National Park with its rugged coastline, amazing rock formations and regenerated bush vegetation following the devastating bush fires of 2019-20. The half day tour focuses on delicious local produce, visiting some of the island's producers for olives, eucalyptus oil and specialist honey as well as enjoying a guided tour of the oldest gin distillery in Australia. Other tour options include visits to vineyards with wine tasting and aqua adventures swimming and snorkelling with wild dolphins and/or seals off of the coastline. Private tours and tailormade experiences can also be organised.
Widely celebrated for its fantastic wildlife, Kangaroo island is a nature lover's paradise. Kangaroos, wallabies, koalas, seals and sea lions, dolphins and whales all call the pristine wilderness and its surrounding waters home. You can enjoy meeting some of the residents across the island on expert-led tours, whilst back at the hotel the 250 acres of grounds host the majority of the island's native species with more than half of the property classified as a designated area of heritage protection of flora and fauna. Don't be surprised if you're visited by a friendly kangaroo whilst sitting on your room's deck or whilst strolling on the beach, from where you might also be lucky enough to see a pod of dolphins frolicking in the waves or whales passing by (seasonal).