Guest rooms and suites are in a classic, elegantly traditional style and feature air-conditioning, a flat-screen television, DVD player, international direct-dial telephone, wireless internet connectivity, tea and coffee-making facilities and a fully stocked mini-bar.
Garden View Room:expand_more
- Rooms: 4
- Size: 38m²
- Room View: Garden views
- Facilities: Garden View Rooms have their own private courtyards in a pretty, flower-filled setting and a large bay window overlooking the peaceful gardens. Each one has a king-size bed or twin beds, as well as a luxurious en suite bathroom with underfloor heating and a walk-in shower.
Garden Deluxe Room :expand_more
- Size: 55m²
- Room View: Garden view
- Facilities: Relax in this spacious room type, with king or twin beds, en suite and an open plan living space.
Lodge King Room:expand_more
- Rooms: 1
- Size: 50m²
- Room View: Garden and lake views
- Facilities: Situated in the main lodge, this guest room features a king-size or twin beds and offers lovely views of the surrounding landscape. Guests in this toom type also enjoy unlimited access to the Drawing Room.
Lodge King Deluxe Room:expand_more
- Size: 50m²
- Room View: Garden and lake view
- Facilities: Located in the main lodge, a luxurious granite en suite bathroom makes this room stand out, along with a king or twin bed configuration, beautiful views of the surrounding landscape, and unlimited access to the Drawing Room.
Lakeside Room :expand_more
- Size: 55-70m²
- Room View: Lake view
- Facilities: Light, bright and airy, Lakeside Rooms enjoy a serene setting by the brook with a spacious lounge area that leads straight onto a lakeside courtyard alongside the king bedroom.
- Rooms: 1
- Room View: Garden views
- Facilities: Accommodating up to eight guests, The Residence features four bedrooms and three bathrooms, as well as an open-plan lounge, dining and entertainment area. Decor is modern and fresh, with polished timber floors, marble bathrooms and artwork by Australian artists. Wonderfully private, the house is set in three acres of gardens with its own private lake, making it the perfect secluded retreat for a large family or a group of friends.
The Cape Lodge Restaurant offers the finest innovative cuisine, utilising the best local, seasonal produce in a daily changing menu, with an extensive accompanying wine list and a superb lakeside setting.
The Cape Lodge Restaurant:expand_more
- Cuisine: Fresh, regional cuisine is complemented by wines from the Margaret River region
- Setting: Nestled next to the lake, the gourmet restaurant features a decked area, lounge and a private dining facility.
- Dress Code: Smart/casual
- Children's Menu: No
- Vegetarian Option: Yes
- Reservation Required: No
The Cape Lodge Gourmet Retreat and Cookery School offers a range of fantastic food and wine experiences, from cookery masterclasses, to gourmet events throughout year. The 'Fresh is Best' two-hour cooking class caters for beginners to the more experienced cook, and allows participants to observe and pick up tips from the Chef as he prepares the evening's dinner.
Culture & History
If you'd like to find out more about the Aboriginal culture, the Wardan Aboriginal Centre is worth a visit.
Nestled in the picturesque Margaret River Region - characterised by a ruggedly beautiful coastline and majestic native forests - Cape Lodge oozes romance. With just a handful of rooms and suites within forty acres of parkland, intimacy and seclusion is guaranteed. Explore the area's enchanting vineyards and boutique wineries hand-in-hand, learning about the process before tasting the beautiful wine. Take a private boat ride to a pristine, sheltered beach, or wander along coastal trails and into limestone caves. As evening falls, marvel at the breathtaking Australian sunset, before dining at the pretty lakeside restaurant, sampling the freshest local and home-grown produce.
Spectacular Humpback and Southern Right whales make their way annually to Margaret River from Antarctica, making Cape Lodge the perfect base - between June and September - from which to encounter these mesmerising creatures on an unforgettable boat trip. The striking Blue whale, the largest mammal in the world, can also be seen in Margaret River's waters, whilst Geographe Bay, just north of the river, has become a world-famous location to experience the unique site of Blue whales and their calves relaxing and splashing in the protected waters - close enough to Cape Lodge for a once-in-a-lifetime day trip.
There is an 18-hole golf course just fifteen minutes away at Dunsborough Lakes Golf Course.
Embrace the aura of tranquillity and calm that engulfs Cape Lodge with a luxurious treatment in the elegant Spa Suite or from the comfort of your own room. Choose from an extensive selection of indulgent massages and hydrating facials, each carried out by the healing hands of an expert therapist, allowing you to experience inimitable relaxation.