Why wait to be pampered at your destination? We understand that your holiday doesn't just start when you get to your hotel, but begins from the moment you set off. If you're after a high-end experience in the skies, many airlines offer a first-class service for guests who want their flying experience to match the top levels of luxury they expect from an Elegant Resorts holiday. Of course, most first-class tickets offer services like priority boarding and access to premium lounges, but what are the cabins actually like? At Elegant Resorts, we put great care into choosing the airline partners we work with, ensuring that they (like us) go above and beyond to make your holiday memorable from the moment it begins...
Singapore Airlines: Suites
When it was established in 1872, nobody anticipated that Singapore Airlines would evolve from a small regional airline into one of the most awarded and respected in the world. Boasting one of the youngest fleets and known for their high standards, award-winning staff, Wi-Fi equipped planes and many luxury travel options, Singapore Airlines is ideal for those looking to travel in the lap of luxury on long-haul flights.
Their luxury cabins, or should we say Suites, have been designed to fulfil your every travel need...
- Look forward to a luxurious, leather, reclining swivel seat and comfortable bed, while (ideal for couples) the Double Suites' centre divider makes way for a luxurious double bed.
- A unique private space with sliding door and window blinds for utmost privacy
- Forget having to find a spot for your luggage, as your Suite features ultra-leather padded compartments and an en suite wardrobe
- Enjoy spacious lavatories with a sit-down vanity counter and an exquisite range of toiletries
- A 32-inch HD touchscreen monitor paired with noise-cancelling headphones and an enhanced entertainment system with hours of on-board entertainment, so you can lose yourself in a good film
- Feast on gourmet cuisine from the exceptional inflight menu, served on bone china Wedgewood tableware
Malaysia Airlines: Business Suites
The national carrier of Malaysia, renowned for its award-winning service inspired by the country's diverse culture and rich traditions, Malaysia Airlines carry upwards of 400,000 guests daily and offer the best way to fly to, from and around Malaysia. Putting their guests first, a flight with Malaysia Airlines promises to make the start and end of your holiday perfect.
Designed with you in mind, the Business Suites are a recent rebrand of their first-class tickets and have been tailored so you can experience your flight in sheer luxury. Each Business Suite offers...
- Hours of on-demand entertainment accessed via the large touchscreen monitors, allowing you to choose from a vast movie and music gallery of the newest releases, timeless classics and everything in between
- Fine dining options and gourmet cuisine options that can be prebooked with the chef on call service or choose from the delicious inflight menu all served on gorgeous fine china
- Exclusive amenity kits filled with luxury products from Aspinal of London
- Super spacious seats that offer the choice between sitting and totally reclining, so you can get a good night's sleep in the sky
- Access to the luxurious and exclusive Golden Lounges Worldwide, in which you can grab some fine food or refresh yourself before a flight
British Airways: Club World
Founded in 1974, British Airways is one of the world's longest established airlines, known for its famously high standards and a high-tech fleet that serves destinations worldwide. British Airways go out of their way to ensure that their flights combine premium levels of comfort and service with the freedom and flexibility to make every journey unique for you.
Throughout your flight in the exceptional Club World cabin, expect to be treated like royalty as the attentive cabin crew go above and beyond to ensure that you have the perfect flight. Your private space on the plane includes...
- A spacious seat which converts into a fully flat bed, complete with a headrest and lumbar support for a comfortable journey to your destination
- High quality, complimentary bedding and exclusive amenity kits designed by The White Company, including a soft mattress topper, luxury duvet, and blanket adding an extra layer of comfort
- Gourmet three course dining choices served with complimentary snacks and a choice of refreshing beverages
- High tech, 12-inch flat screens and premium noise cancelling headphones, perfect for losing yourself in the huge library of new releases, music, eBooks and games
Virgin Atlantic : Upper Class
Introduced in the 80s as the brainchild of CEO Sir Richard Branson, Virgin Atlantic has a global network of planes that are ready to whisk you away on your next adventure. Boasting a mixed fleet of Airbus and Boeing aircrafts and a high class of immaculate cabin crew Virgin Atlantic is known for their focus on quality, innovation, style and above all, dedicated passenger service so no matter which class you fly, you'll be made to feel special.
Having said that, the Upper Class service is truly a cut above the rest, and Virgin Atlantic have gone the extra mile to ensure that your flying experience is the best, no matter your destination, with exclusive perks and top tier service. An Upper Class ticket includes...
- Naturally, priority dismemberment and embarkment of the plane and priority luggage collection
- A chauffer driven car service which is available to take you to and from the airport in serious style
- Ultra-comfortable leather seats that double as relaxing flat beds, perfect for an in-the-sky snooze
- A sumptuous menu of mouth-watering delicacies and refreshing beverages, offering you a taste of whatever you wish at your seat
- A unique bar space, at which you can grab a drink or dine with friends
- In the A350, there is a relaxing social area where you can settle down to watch a show or view the live tail-cam on the 32-inch TV
- Access to the exclusive and stylish Clubhouses and lounges that have been carefully designed to help you relax and unwind in the airport before you fly
Qatar Airways: Q Suite
Travelling to over 90 countries worldwide and founded in just 1994, Qatar Airways is one of the youngest global airlines to serve all seven continents. As a standard, look forward to attentive cabin crew, innovative cabin designs, the sleek signature colours of burgundy and grey, and many awards, including 'Best Business Class Seat' in recognition of its ground-breaking Business Class experience, Q Suite. What's more, Qatar Airways was the first airline to operate all new generation aircrafts in its fleet, including the Airbus A350, the Dreamliner and the Super Jumbo A380.
Known across the world for their high-end service and unique flying experiences, you can relax during your flight, knowing that Qatar Airways has everything covered. Flaunting an innovative quad seating arrangement in which each of the four seats face into each other, your luxury Q Suite experience will also include...
- Movable wall panels that allow you to transform your private area into a more social event if you wish, while for more privacy, they can be moved to create your own secluded space with ambient mood lighting
- Fully lie-flat beds with a bespoke turndown service offered by your dedicated cabin crew, along a luxury quilted mattress, soft, plush duvet and slumber kits from The White Company, promising the ultimate sleep experience
- A BMW Seven Series car to take you from the terminal to the aircraft in style
- An utterly delicious onboard menu with unique meals and bespoke service
-Super stylish rose gold accents, along with the brand's iconic colours
-A wealth of modern technology, including light-up 'Do Not Disturb' signs, media panels that have universal power ports, USB ports, HDMI and contactless NFC capabilities, and 21.5-inch entertainment monitors with touch screen controls and over 4,000 menu options
-An amenity kit with a range of luxurious Italian skin care products and in-flight necessities, designed exclusively to ensure that you arrive fresh at your destination
Etihad Airways: Etihad First
If it weren't for the windows, you would probably forget you were even in the sky when flying in the impeccable Etihad First cabins. As the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, Etihad Airways fly to over 90 destinations worldwide, offering a service and experience that's designed exclusively around you. Constantly setting the global benchmark for aviation, you know that your journey will be memorable and seamless, no matter what your destination. So, simply can sink into your seat and enjoy your flight.
With Etihad First, you can rest assured that your every need will have been catered for, with either your own private suite or apartment in the skies, as well as...
- An extensive a la carte menu and boutique wine list that has been carefully curated to pair with the meals, as well as the signature Cognac service
- After Priority Check-in, relax and dine in style in the complimentary First Lounge, in which you can enjoy a drink or cocktail from the Etihad cellar, or let off some steam in the Fitness Room
- Your expert cabin crew can recline your comfortable seat into a fully flat bed whenever you please, while you can also refresh with a complimentary and uber-luxurious amenity kit
- Priority dismemberment and embarkment of the plane and priority luggage collection, of course
- A chauffer driven car service which is available to take you to and from the airport in style
- For pre-flight ease, a personal concierge and porter at the airport
Emirates: First Class
Based in dreamy Dubai, this award-winning airline is known for operating modern, efficient and comfortable aircrafts to more than 125 destinations worldwide, covering all seven continents. There are dedicated Emirates departure lounges at four of the UK's major airports, while for ultimate luxury, you'll want to travel in their sublime First Class. This outstanding experience can vary slightly depending on which plane you fly, but you will always be made to feel special, and your needs will be put first as you head on your adventure with the best in-air amenities guaranteed, as standard.
Emirates' reputation of stellar service and world class service precedes them, and a First Class ticket on this airline will offer you luxuries you never even knew you needed. Onboard you can expect...
- A private suite with sliding doors for complete exclusivity, with colour-changing ambient lighting and the ability to convert your seat into a fully flat bed. For a truly relaxing sleep experience, the unique zero gravity setting helps to find your body's natural resting position
- Onboard, there's a reservable shower spa with two full-time shower attendants and exclusive Bvlgari amenity kits full of sumptuous spa products
- Exclusive onboard lounge, with a range of refreshing drinks, bespoke cocktails and hand-crafted canapés
- Delicious fine dining at any time, inviting you to choose from a wide range of dishes from all over the world, from sumptuous à la carte cuisine to tasty snacks