Where will 2018 take you? Let your imagination travel further and seek to experience more this coming year with our inspiring top holiday destinations for 2018…
New Year Inspiration For 2018
With a new year to embrace and 2018 calendars to fill, January is traditionally the time when we turn our thoughts to blissful holidays, new adventures and invigorating summer sunshine. So, where will this year take you and your family? A luxury holiday filled with incredible experiences should be your 2018 highlight — a dream date that will set the tone for a thrilling and memorable year. Discover our inspirational holiday ideas for 2018 and re-ignite your passion for travel by becoming captivated by exotic cultures, mesmerised by paradise islands or intrigued by intrepid adventures.
A Treasure-Trove Of Travel Gems for 2018
So, where in the world should you travel to in 2018? From old European favourites boasting a shiny new appeal, to exciting adventures to the ends of the Earth, or visits to lofty cultural treasures, we have a stunning global portfolio that is bound to entice your inner explorer. Whether booking a relaxing family beach holiday to Cyprus — with its beautifully enhanced Paphos old town and Limassol’s developed marina area — to a couple’s coastal retreat filled with captivating culture, sumptuous cuisine and inviting beach clubs in Puglia, Italy, there is a wealth of choice to be discovered both far and wide. Venture to faraway lands, sample exotic new flavours, immerse yourself in fascinating cultures or challenge yourself with an expertly guided climbing adventure — Everest and Antarctica really are the limit!
Find your own version of paradise with our top holiday destinations for 2018:
1) Unearth, or re-visit, some exciting European destinations in 2018 with the new year ringing in the changes for a new look Cyprus and greatly enhanced Paphos Old Town and Limassol. Spoil the family with a stay at the new Parklane, or re-imagined Annabelle and Columbia Beach, each guaranteeing to shine with seasonal Cypriot style.
2) Italy provides timeless appeal and couples should head to the charming Italian coast for a stay in Puglia at either the intimate La Peschieria, or exclusive Borgo Egnazia.
3) Santorini remains a star destination for 2018 and the beautifully boutique Canaves Oia Epitome is a Greek hideaway worth discovering. A celebrated white-hot bolt-hole, the heavenly blue Santorini vistas are destined to soothe your soul.
4) A notable spring opening is Nobu Hotel Marbella providing guests with another opportunity to sample the delectable cuisine from the master of culinary fusion, Chef Nobu Matsuhisa. Following in the successful footsteps of its sister Ibiza property, Marbella is set to create quite a stir.
5) A Caribbean dream, Antigua boasts some impressive updates to classic resorts such as Blue Waters and Curtain Bluff, plus sees the much-anticipated introduction of Hodges Bay this summer. Antigua is looking hot for A-listers and sunseekers during 2018.
6) Staying within the perennial favourite of the Caribbean, the recent opening of Park Hyatt St. Kitts, a brand debut in the Caribbean, provides a new and idyllic haven for guests in Banana Bay. Located on the pretty southeastern coast, this newcomer is bound to court attention in 2018!
7) Another newcomer also making a brand debut is Rosewood Phuket. Bringing a swathe of style to Southeast Asia, this secluded and serene Thai hideaway boasts oceanview accommodation alongside the exquisite Emerald Bay. Indulge and savour with stunning surroundings, four delectable restaurants, plus sublime facilities. Experience a unique wellness journey with ‘asaya’ and receive some expert healing for 2018.
8) New to Elegant Resorts’ portfolio, the St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort boasts an innovative and attractive architectural design, plus promises a memorable and exceptional stay in the mesmerising Maldives. With St. Regis Butler Service, an Iridium Spa, plus six restaurants and bars set within heavenly surroundings, this property is bound to be a 2018 hit.
9) For a cultural adventure, travel south and immerse yourself in the ancient wonders of Peru. Visit the iconic Machu Picchu — an exceptional must-see to tick off your travel bucket list — and embrace an extraordinary cultural journey.
10) Remaining hot for 2018 is Canada. Still riding high on the pristine wilderness train, board the Rocky Mountaineer for a journey through spectacular scenery and the majestic Canadian Rockies. Explore the inaccessible and visit Vancouver, Banff and Jasper whilst touring incredible mountainous scenery on a luxury Canadian rail journey in 2018.
11) Ski and stay in Four Seasons’ style this season at the only hotel directly located on the Mont d’Arbois slopes in France. The Four Seasons Hotel Megève is a glistening new property, in the heart of the French Alps, allowing distinguished guests to savour the sophisticated après-ski scene of the resort whilst enjoying impeccable service.
12) A destination for the daring, Antarctica is set to sail as a hot new addition within our 2018 portfolio. Board the Polar Latitude Sea Explorer — a 112-guest, ice-strengthened, small luxury expedition ship — and take a cool cruise to the ‘Great White Continent’ of Antarctica. Why not embrace the explorer spirit and seek to be different by witnessing icebergs, penguins and polar waters this year?
Still To Come In 2018
From Antigua to Zanzibar, there is a destination to inspire your travels and entice you to start packing. For couples and honeymooners, the opening of Four Seasons Resort Seychelles at Desroches Island is bound to excite the senses with its castaway villas located on the stunning and remote tropical island of Desroches — this resort is all about luxurious Seychelles seclusion. Similarly, ideal for Caribbean lovers, the highly anticipated opening of Silversands Grenada, on Grenada’s world famous Grand Anse Beach, is likely to turn heads and attract plenty of attention — especially since it’s the first major addition to the Grand Anse Beach area in over 25 years!
Following a period of closure, the much-loved rainforest retreat The Datai Langkawi is due to re-open unveilling an enhanced new look with world-class facilities. Nestled in the heart of an ancient rainforest and overlooking the Andaman Sea, with a backdrop of the magnificent Mat Cincang Mountain Range, this incredible Malaysia location is a place to relax with nature, plus play golf on one of the region's most exclusive 18-hole golf courses! From looking East to travelling West, also scheduled to make an appearance within our 2018 portfolio are several new North American properties — including two new additions at South Lake Tahoe offering great views.
Destinations Of Distinction
So, after the New Year revelry, why not plan your elegant escape! Let us plan your travels to somewhere new and exciting for 2018 and allow us to arrange some thrilling bespoke experiences to add an extra sparkle to your stay. Embark on a cultural adventure, celebrate a special birthday in style, take a sea voyage or relax on a luxury rail journey. We have an impressive portfolio to choose from — whether it's a remote island escape or surprise city break you crave— and can tailor-make your perfect date for 2018.
Why not start the year with a spa holiday? Perhaps a relaxing spa break at a destination spa will hit the spot for 2018? Place your wellness in the hands of experts when booking a stay at Chiva Som, The BodyHoliday or Ananda In The Himalayas in 2018 — what better way to detox and rejuvenate? Feel fabulous and discover wellbeing at a destination of your choice in 2018.
Whatever the occasion and whichever destination you choose, our top holiday destinations for 2018 are bound to make this year a remarkable one! Let Elegant Resorts craft an extraordinary journey, especially for you, enabling you to experience more and venture further in 2018.