- Type: Luxury Tent
- Summary: Two camps that immerse guests in Khao Sok National Park
- Feature: Activity-packed tours including ethical elephant encounters
- Rooms: Elephant Camp: 64 tents, Rainforest Camp: 20 floating tents
- Location: Phuket, Thailand
- Nearest airport: Phuket Airport
Location and transfer
Located on the border of Khao Sok National Park in southern Thailand, Elephant Camp is approximately 3 hours by shared road transfer from Phuket International Airport. While Elephant Camp is part of all tours, the Rainforest Camp is only featured as part of the Jungle Lake Safari tour and is approximately 2 hours from the main Elephant Camp. Transfers are included in all the tour packages and, due to the remote location of the camps, self-driving is not permitted.
Across both camps, charming and spacious tents offers plush beds, locally handcrafted furniture, wooden floors, electricity and en suite bathrooms with showers and a bespoke Elephant Hills toiletry collection. Meshed windows ensure that you are protected from any insects, while still enjoying the spectacular sights and sounds of Khao Sok. Tents come with either a king bed or twin beds, while there is also the option for a triple-bedded tent or a dedicated family tent. Offering a truly unique camping experiences, the tents at Rainforest Camp float atop the waters of beautiful Cheow Larne Lake.
The Elephant Camp:expand_more
- Room View: Jungle views
- Facilities: Located on the border of Khao Sok National Park beside the Sok River, Elephant Camp features 64 luxury tents, as well as a semi-open-air restaurant serving home-cooked cuisine, a well-stocked bar, blooming herb garden and a swimming pool backed by the park’s striking limestone cliffs.
The Rainforest Camp:expand_more
- Room View: Lake views
- Facilities: Located approximately two hours' drive from The Elephant Camp, The Rainforest Camp comprises 20 unique floating tents amid the Cheow Larne Lake of Khao Sok. Powered by wind and solar energy, you can experience the beauty and bounty of the region with the utmost respect for the precious environment.
As the name might suggest, Elephant Hills is the perfect place for a sustainable elephant encounter in Thailand. On this unforgettable experience, you can feed, wash and interact with this incredible species in a virtually untouched and breathtakingly beautiful environment. The camp's incredible Elephant Conservation Project aims to spread awareness of endangered Asian elephants and contribute to helping keep wild populations safe. Actions include donating essential equipment to local elephant hospitals, and planting trees to aid wild animals in Thailand's national parks. Khao Sok is also home to a wealth of other threatened and spectacular species – including a variety of primates, birds and plants. These can be spotted as you trek through the jungle, canoe through mangroves or glide across Cheow Larn Lake by traditional longtail boat.
As part of your incredible Elephant Hills tour, you will enjoy a range of great activities each day, accompanied by your friendly, English-speaking guide. As well as wonderful wildlife encounters, these include canoeing on the Sok River or through enchanting mangroves, enjoying local lunch on board a Burmese junk boat, visiting a local market in Takhun, or trekking through the lush, wildlife-rich rainforest. When you return to camp, your immersive Thai experience continues with local dance performances and traditional Thai cuisine cooking demonstrations from an experienced chef.
As well as taking great care of endangered Asian elephants through the Elephant Conservation Project, and respecting the precious environment through offering reusable water bottles and fill-up stations, Elephant Hills also gives back to the local people. The incredible Children's Project improves the lives of local children through providing educational resources, musical instruments, sports equipment and English language lessons across several schools in the area. To keep up this wonderful scheme, the camp encourages you to fill any available space in your luggage with clothes, crayons, toys, toothbrushes, books and more, so that you can put a smile on the faces of local children while enjoying the delights of Khao Sok for yourself.