Located within the continent of Africa, surrounded by the sparkling waters of the Indian Ocean and warmed by the tropical sun, Mauritius is an inviting destination with an impressive bounty of natural appeal. Blessed with a mountainous, lush green interior and edged with a turquoise ribbon of ocean, the island is a land full of rich colour contrasts. Add to this striking backdrop, the splendid addition of world-class luxury hotels, villas and resorts with their enviable list of facilities and amenities — from exceptional golf courses, thrilling watersports, eclectic cuisine, sublime spas, to a plethora of family-friendly attractions — and it’s easy to see why Mauritius is an enticing holiday island for all ages.
1.Beaches - Laze on the celebrated beaches of popular Grand Baie, in the north, the east coast’s glamorous playground of Ile aux Cerfs, or the west coast’s stunning Le Morne Beach. Feel the sand-between-your-toes and admire the achingly beautiful scenery at St Regis Mauritius Resort or stunning ocean view at The Residence Mauritius
2. Watersports - From snorkelling and catamaran cruises, to the more challenging pursuits of deep-sea fishing, kite-surfing and off-shore scuba-diving — Mauritius has it all!
3. Golf - Boasting the fourth-oldest golfing Country Club on record, there are numerous immaculate greens and fairways, with sensational views, such as those designed by golf champions, Ernie Els and Bernhard Langer at Shangri-La, Le Touessrok Resort & Spa, Mauritius or Four Season Resort Mauritius at Anahita
4. Natural Attractions – Abundant natural treasures from Trou aux Cerfs and Chamarel Waterfall, to Seven Coloured Earth, plus the native Flying Fox
5. Luxury hotels – Savour the privacy and cuisine of Royal Palm, the glamour and endless facilities of the iconic One&Only Le Saint Géran, plus the superb service and sumptuous spa at Four Season Resort Mauritius at Anahita
6. Cuisine – Indulge with sensational sushi at ‘Kushi’ Japanese restaurant, within Shangri-La, Le Touessrok Resort & Spa, Mauritius, enjoy the flavoursome spices and exquisite fine dining, such as the delicacies served at The Oberoi, Mauritius, plus taste the incredible vintages poured from the impressive wine cellar at Constance Le Prince Maurice. Savour an à la carte breakfast or ‘Beautiful Mary’ at St Regis Mauritius Resort, sip a memorable Mojito cocktails at One&Only Le Saint Géran, or even taste local Mauritian fare and rum with a local host (sample an eight-dish menu, eating with your hands in a traditional Mauritian home)!
7. Hotel Spas – Experience luxurious pampering havens, boasting creative signature treatments, products created from local ingredients and state-of-the-art facilities
8. Family Attractions – In addition to the soft sand and dedicated children’s pools, there are tailored children’s activities, innovative family dining concepts and unique children’s clubs, such as Hobbit Corner at Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita
In order to book your dream family holiday or honeymoon, please contact our dedicated Travel Experts on 01244 897 881 or visit www.elegantresorts.co.uk.