- Type:Luxury Hotel
- Summary:UNESCO World Heritage Site mixed with exotic perfection
- Feature:The awe-inspiring Pitons mountains steal the show
- Rooms:85 rooms, villas & bungalows plus 13 residences
- Location:Soufriere ,
- Nearest airport:Hewanorra International Airport
Location and transfer
45 minutes from Hewanorra International Airport
Stay 7 nights from £1,615 p.p.(Low Season) & from £3,285 p.p.(High Season) in a Sugar Mill Luxury Room, on a room only basis & transfers. Flights available at an additional cost.
Prices are for guidance only. They are subject to availability, change and the current exchange rate. You will be advised of the price of the holiday that you wish to book before your contract is confirmed.
Rooms and hotel villas offer four-poster beds, air-conditioning, mini-bar, tea/coffee making facilities, hair dryer, bathrobes and slippers, bathroom amenities, personal safe, flat-screen television, DVD\CD player telephone, iPod/iPhone docking station, iPad, complimentary Wi-Fi and a mobile to call your dedicated butler as well as twice daily maid service. All accommodations also have either a plunge pool or Jacuzzi.
Luxury Sugar Mill Room :+
- Size: 374ft²
- Room View: Tropical Garden Views
- Facilities: Located close to the heart of Sugar Beach, a Viceroy Resort within easy reach of the resort's Great House, the swimming pool and the white sands of Anse des Pitons, rooms come with a private walled garden with plunge pool and boast the same plantation elegant styling associated with the resort’s luxury villa category.
Superior Luxury Sugar Mill Room :+
- Size: 444ft²
- Room View: Tropical Garden Views
- Facilities: Located close to the heart of Sugar Beach, a Viceroy Resort within easy reach of the resort's Great House, the swimming pool and the white sands of Anse des Pitons, rooms come with a private walled garden with plunge pool and boast the same plantation elegant styling associated with the resort’s luxury villa category. Superior Sugar Mill Luxury Rooms have the added benefit of a private roof terrace.
Luxury Cottage :+
- Size: 550ft²
- Room View: Pitons or Anse des Pitons views
- Facilities: Enclaves of privacy, tucked amid the lush vegetation and fruit trees, the luxury cottages echo the resort’s plantation history featuring high beamed ceilings and a romantic voile draped four poster bed. Indoors is a small sitting area whilst outside, there is a private terrace and plunge pool.
Luxury Villa :+
- Size: 766ft² Interior / 234ft² Exterior
- Room View: Piton mountain views or Anse des Pitons
- Facilities: These gracious plantation style villas decorated with custom-made furnishings, and elegant hardwood floors feature breezy bedrooms with a dreamy four-poster bed complete with romantic voile draping, private patios and oversized plunge pools.
Superior Luxury Villa :+
- Size: 850ft² Interior / 250ft² Exterior
- Facilities: With their traditional Caribbean “gingerbread” trim and pale pastel shades the Superior Luxury Villas offer spacious bedrooms that open onto an adjoining living area. French windows or, in some cases, a whole wall of louvre paneled doors, open out onto a large terrace with a sundeck, an oversized private plunge pool and romantic dining area.
Grand Luxury Villa :+
- Size: 1,015ft² Interior / 336ft² Exterior
- Facilities: Ideal for families with young children or couples seeking complete seclusion, these villas feature a contemporary Caribbean decor with hardwood floors and lavish furnishings. Large living rooms come with a sofa bed and open out onto spacious, furnished verandahs with private sundecks and large plunge pools. Some of the villas have an additional guest bathroom with shower.
Ocean View Grand Luxury Villa:+
- Room View: Caribbean Sea
These Grand Luxury Villas guarantee a sea view and feature plantation-style, elegant decor with hardwood floors throughout. There is a four poster bed and an air-conditioned living room with sofa bed and French windows that open out onto a furnished veranda with private sundeck, large plunge pool and beautiful ocean view.
Two Bedroom Grand Luxury Villa:+
- Size: 1,866ft² Interior / 263ft² Exterior
- Room View: Anse des Pitons or the twin peaks of St Lucia’s Pitons
- Facilities: Ideal for families or a group of friends, these spacious villas feature a contemporary Caribbean decor with hardwood floors and lavish furnishings, two enclosed living rooms with pull-out sofa beds, two terraces – one covered and one open – and two over-sized plunge pools with sundecks. The two master bedrooms with four poster bed are luxurious with their silky Egyptian cotton linens, romantic voile draping, walk-in closets/dressing rooms and two full ensuite bathrooms with Victorian-style claw foot baths and very large walk-in showers. A third half bath with shower is available in some villas. Personalised butler service, on request.
Luxury Beachfront Bungalow:+
- Size: 725ft² Interior / 415ft² Exterior
- Facilities: Set directly on the white sands, literally steps from the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea these contemporary styled bungalows with their hardwood floors and high beamed ceilings boast a private thatched shade area facing the sea complete with two sun lounges, table and chairs, and a large private courtyard with outdoor Jacuzzi. Two of the bungalows come with two bedrooms.
Two Bedroom Luxury Villa Residence:+
- Size: 1,455ft²
- Room View: View of the Pitons and beach
- Facilities: This single story villa can sleep four adults or two adults and two children and features a master bedroom with a king-sized bed and a second bedroom with two queen-sized beds, large bathrooms with coral stone detailing and walk-in shower and on request, a personalised butler service. Externally there is an infinity-edge pool, private patio and walled garden.
Two/Three/Four Bedroom Residence :+
- Size: 2 Bed - 2,498ft² / 3 Bed - From 2,080ft² / 4 Bed - From 3,300ft²
- Facilities: Featuring full kitchens, opulent living areas, expansive sun terraces and large private pools with all the modern amenities required by international travellers, the décor in the spacious residences ranges from eclectic Indochine to contemporary Caribbean styling. Perfect for families or larger parties travelling together.
The hotel boasts a PADI dive centre (charges apply and are payable locally) just steps away from the Anse des Pitons shoreline and the protected National Marine Reserve. In fact an exceedingly popular dive is the 'Superman's Flight' which traverses around the base of the Petit Piton. There are eleven dive options altogether and because the area is so diverse, it's also suitable for divers of all levels; enjoy anything from simple reefs to demanding drift dives.
The Sugar Club is a dedicated children’s club for children aged 4 to 12 years, to keep little ones amused with a range of activities including treasure hunts, arts and crafts, archery and coconut bowling, as well as fish feeding and sand castle building at the beach.
For tweens and teens, there is the Spice Club which offers activities such as table tennis and billiard tournaments, archery, pinball machines and video games. Kayaking, paddle boarding and the Junior Sailing Club are favoured activities where teens learn the basics of sailing including rigging, parts of the boat, basic boat handling, and seamanship. Taught using the resort's fleet of 3.5m Laser Pico sailboats, the emphasis of the 5-6 day program is for participants to gain on-the-water experience within the protected environs of Anse des Pitons while also learning important sailing theory.
Health & Fitness
The Rainforest Spa features seven tree house-style treatment cabanas, a relaxation pavilion and a temascal (Amerindian steam room) tucked on the lower slopes of the World Heritage-listed Petit piton. A comprehensive spa programme delivers a wide range of holistic wellness treatments using organic international spa products and local ingredients, including the resort's signature Bamboo massage.
Soufriere Town is just three miles away; here you can experience a drive-in volcano, mud baths and beautiful botanical gardens.
Weddings & Honeymoons
What more could you ask for than St. Lucia’s dramatic Pitons and lush tropical rainforest creating the perfect backdrop for your wedding photographs? Whether you're renewing your vows, getting married or celebrating an anniversary, Sugar Beach, a Viceroy Resort offers several spectacular backdrops for picture-perfect celebrations. Experienced wedding planners and bespoke services ensure that your special day really is your dream come true.