- Type:Luxury Hotel
- Summary:A restored medieval monastery in the Chianti region
- Feature:In the autumn, guests can search for truffles on the estate
- Rooms:74 rooms & suites and 1 villa
- Location:Tuscany ,
- Star rating:5 Star
- Nearest airport:Florence Airport
Location and transfer
1 hour, 20 minutes from Florence Airport or 2 hours from Pisa Airport by private car transfer.
Stay 7 nights from £1,510 p.p.(Low Season) and from £1,805 p.p. (High Season) in a Superior Room, including breakfast & transfers. Flights available at an additional cost.
Prices are For guidance only. They are subject To availability, change And current exchange rate. You will be advised Of the price Of the holiday that you wish To book before your contract Is confirmed.
All guest rooms and suites have king-size beds or two twins beds and desks, as well as air-conditioning, mini-bar, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers and bathroom amenities, safe deposit box, flat-screen television, satellite television, complimentary wi-fi internet access and twice-daily maid service. iPod docking stations are available on request. Tea and coffee-making facilities are provided in certain room types and a butler service can be arranged, on request, at an additional charge.
- Rooms: 10
- Size: 28-30m²
- Facilities: Ideal for two guests, Superior Rooms feature a spacious bedroom furnished in Tuscan country style and precious textiles to create a warm, intimate atmosphere.
De Luxe Room:+
- Rooms: 17
- Size: 32-40m²
- Facilities: De Luxe Rooms are ideal for two guests, and it is possible to have a cot in the room, if required. Furnishings and materials create a warm atmosphere, with their simple Tuscan brightness, and many of the bathrooms feature a separate bath and shower. Some bedrooms can be interconnecting, which is perfect for families.
- Rooms: 23
- Size: 40-45m²
- Facilities: Prestige Rooms can accommodate up to three guests, with the addition of a third bed or cot. Most of these rooms have a bedroom and a small lounge area, and all of the bathrooms feature a separate bath and shower. Decor is a refined Tuscan elegance.
Junior Suite :+
- Rooms: 12
- Size: 48-60m²
- Facilities: These Junior Suites comprise a bedroom and a lounge. The style is rustic Tuscan, with the most refined materials, from wood to terracotta floors. Some bedrooms may be adjoining or connecting.
- Rooms: 6
- Size: 55-65m²
- Facilities: These exquisite apartment-style suites are divided into a bedroom and a large lounge area. The most refined materials, textiles and details decorate every area with their rustic Tuscan charm. The bedrooms may be adjoining or connecting. Some suites may accommodate up to four guests (with the addition of a sofa bed).
Castel Monastero boasts two restaurants and, in addition, there is a wine bar and a tea room at the spa.
- Cuisine: Gastronomic Tuscan cuisine, interpreted by the resident chef, under the direction of world-famous chef, Gordon Ramsay
- Setting: Contrada is the hotel's gourmet restaurant and faces the piazza.
- Dress Code: Smart
- Children's Menu: No
- Vegetarian Option: No
- Cuisine: Traditional Tuscan fare
- Setting: The atmospheric restaurant is set in the hotel's medieval wine cellar, where the exposed brickwork can still be seen.
- Dress Code: Elegantly casual
- Children's Menu: No
- Vegetarian Option: No
Children are welcome and a MiniClub operates daily from 10am to 6pm (July and August) for children aged 3 to 12 years, on a complimentary basis. Supervised by qualified staff, children can enjoy a host of activities including painting, crafting, board games, cartoon movies and swimming (with parents permission).
Health & Fitness
At SPA at Castel Monastero, you can choose from a series of treatments – complemented by innovative and exclusive lines such as Natura Bissè and Dr. Murad – and the spa’s wellness programmes – for detox, weight loss and energising – performed by expert therapists with the assistance of a pool of leading Italian doctors and nutritionists. Each programme starts with a morning yoga session and uses deep Marma massage, which works on acupuncture points and energetic meridians within the body, to move the body’s metabolism. This, when combined with recommended eating plans featuring specific menus devised by the resident chef, under the direction of Gordon Ramsay, ensures greater results, allowing you to regain your equilibrium and rediscover your inner balance.
Guests must be 16 years old and over to use the spa and a charge applies for those guests who have not booked a spa treatment.
For something very special, from mid-September it is possible to search for truffles on the estate, which can then be cooked for you to enjoy. Alternatively, why not book your stay to coincide with the Palio in nearby Siena or take yourself off to shop for designer label fashion in Florence and at the number of designer outlets in the Tuscan countryside, by names such as Prada, Dolce & Gabbana and Roberto Cavalli.