All guest rooms and suites have king-size beds or two twins beds and desks, as well as air-conditioning, mini-bar, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers and bathroom amenities, safe deposit box, flat-screen television, satellite television, complimentary wi-fi internet access and twice-daily maid service. iPod docking stations are available on request. Tea and coffee-making facilities are provided in certain room types and a butler service can be arranged, on request, at an additional charge.
- Rooms: 10
- Size: 28-30m²
- Facilities: Ideal for two guests, Superior Rooms feature a spacious bedroom furnished in Tuscan country style and precious textiles to create a warm, intimate atmosphere.
De Luxe Room:+
- Rooms: 17
- Size: 32-40m²
- Facilities: De Luxe Rooms are ideal for two guests, and it is possible to have a cot in the room, if required. Furnishings and materials create a warm atmosphere, with their simple Tuscan brightness, and many of the bathrooms feature a separate bath and shower. Some bedrooms can be interconnecting, which is perfect for families.
- Rooms: 23
- Size: 40-45m²
- Facilities: Prestige Rooms can accommodate up to three guests, with the addition of a third bed or cot. Most of these rooms have a bedroom and a small lounge area, and all of the bathrooms feature a separate bath and shower. Decor is a refined Tuscan elegance.
Junior Suite :+
- Rooms: 12
- Size: 48-60m²
- Facilities: These Junior Suites comprise a bedroom and a lounge. The style is rustic Tuscan, with the most refined materials, from wood to terracotta floors. Some bedrooms may be adjoining or connecting.
- Rooms: 6
- Size: 55-65m²
- Facilities: These exquisite apartment-style suites are divided into a bedroom and a large lounge area. The most refined materials, textiles and details decorate every area with their rustic Tuscan charm. The bedrooms may be adjoining or connecting. Some suites may accommodate up to four guests (with the addition of a sofa bed).
Castel Monastero boasts two restaurants and, in addition, there is a wine bar and a tea room at the spa.
- Cuisine: Gastronomic Tuscan cuisine, interpreted by the resident chef, under the direction of world-famous chef, Gordon Ramsay
- Setting: Contrada is the hotel's gourmet restaurant and faces the piazza.
- Dress Code: Smart
- Children's Menu: No
- Vegetarian Option: No
- Cuisine: Traditional Tuscan fare
- Setting: The atmospheric restaurant is set in the hotel's medieval wine cellar, where the exposed brickwork can still be seen.
- Dress Code: Elegantly casual
- Children's Menu: No
- Vegetarian Option: No
Culture & History
Castel Monastero is a fascinating relic of Tuscany's rich medieval history, cited in monastery records as early as 1044. Just a few miles from the charming hamlet, through enchanting scenery, is the city of Siena, set over three hills. If you are visiting Tuscany at the right time in July and August, prepare to be blown away by Siena's bareback horserace, the Palio, the most unique event in Italy's sporting calendar. Feel the euphoria of the crowd as the race, held in Siena's Piazza del Campo since 1644, rushes by. Please contact our expert Travel Consultants, who would be delighted to arrange a fabulous luxury holiday to Italy, including visiting Siena for the Palio.
Dining & Gourmet
Like all Italian cuisine, Tuscan cooking is based upon using the freshest, simplest ingredients of the season and making them into something sensational. Choose from a selection of authentic dishes composed by chef and restauranteur, Gordon Ramsay, the world-famous holder of ten Michelin Stars. Enjoy his typically tasty Tuscan cuisine re-worked in a modern key at Contrada, an elegant restaurant overlooking the piazza. Alternatively, dine at La Cantina, a laid-back and unique dining experience, located in the enchanting medieval wine cellars of Castel Monastero.
Children are welcome and a MiniClub operates daily from 10am to 6pm (July and August) for children aged 3 to 12 years, on a complimentary basis. Supervised by qualified staff, children can enjoy a host of activities including painting, crafting, board games, cartoon movies and swimming (with parents permission).
Immerse yourself in the region's passion for food on the
Tuscan Retreat cookery programme. Whether you're a
culinary whizz or a first timer, re-create humble, but high-end,
dishes that celebrate the finest local ingredients. Spend a
morning foraging for truffles in the glorious countryside, learn
about the history of the Tuscan grape and taste a range of
exquisite wines on the wine-tasting programme.
You and your loved one will feel like the only two in the world upon arriving at Castel Monastero, a haven of Tuscan romance that is truly lost in time. Look out from the secluded sanctuary of your room towards the stunning sun as it sets over rolling hills and fruitful vineyards, head to the spa and get even closer during an immersive and sensual couple's ritual, believed in Oriental culture to fortify body and soul, then afterwards, spend an evening dining by candlelight whilst looking out onto the traditional, picturesque piazza.
Spa & Wellness
At SPA at Castel Monastero, you can choose from a series of treatments - complemented by innovative and exclusive lines such as Natura Bissè and Dr. Murad - and the spa's wellness programmes - for detox, weight loss and energising - performed by expert therapists with the assistance of a pool of leading Italian doctors and nutritionists. Each programme starts with a morning yoga session and uses deep Marma massage, which works on acupuncture points and energetic meridians within the body, to move the body's metabolism. This, when combined with recommended eating plans featuring specific menus devised by the resident chef, under the direction of Gordon Ramsay, ensures greater results, allowing you to regain your equilibrium and rediscover your inner balance.
The alluring view from your guest room of endless vineyards, greenery, and the picturesque piazza dappled by sunlight, paint the perfect picture for romance. Castel Monastero is a venue recommended by the best international wedding planners for its beauty, exclusivity and versatility. Indulge in the elegant and authentic restaurants, turn the square into an unforgettable open-air reception area or shelter your guests in a spectacularly spacious marquee. The hamlet's Renaissance buildings and quaint churches make for a wedding venue of unrivalled romance and charm.