- Type:Boutique Hotel
- Summary:This tranquil resort is probably better suited to couples
- Feature:One of the best diving locations in the world
- Rooms:38 Pavilions, 2 two -bedroom suites & 20 villas
- Location:Providenciales ,
Turks and Caicos
- Nearest airport:Providenciales Airport
Location and transfer
Situated 20 minutes from Providenciales Airport by private car.
All accommodation has air-conditioning, a mini-bar, television, DVD/CD player, telephone, safe, hairdryer and twice daily maid service.
- Room View: Sea/Garden view
- Facilities: Pavilions are situated on the edge of tranquil ponds with a timber sun deck extending over the water.
- Room View: Tranquil ponds
- Facilities: Alcove Pavilions are situated on the edge of tranquil ponds. In addition to sundecks they offer a glassed in extension overlooking a walled garden. This serves as a cosy sitting room or a bedroom for a third person sharing the suite.
- Room View: Sea view
- Facilities: Positioned along the oceanfront with views of the ocean, these pavilions are elevated and have pathways leading to the rock formations above the sea.
Ocean Cove Pavilion 115:+
- Room View: Sea views
This pavilion enjoys large sweeping ocean vistas and direct access to a sandy beach cove.
- Facilities: Pool Pavilions feature a (40-foot) infinity-edge swimming pool surrounded by teak decking and natural vegetation.
Deluxe Pool Pavilion:+
- Rooms: 2
Pool pavilions feature a dramatic 9m² zero-edge pool within a 453m² walled private garden and are surrounded by teak decking and overlooked by Mahogany trees.
Pool Pavilion Suite - Two Bedrooms:+
- Room View: Garden/Sea view
- Facilities: Comprising two bedroom-pavilions connected by a relaxation and dining lounge and facing onto a private (60-foot) infinity swimming pool, the Pool Pavilion Suites also features a gym and a four-seater club car as well as additional accommodation for a nanny.
- Room View: Tranquility Villas - Tranquil lakes. Ocean Villas - Sea view. Beach Villas - Beach view
- Facilities: Offering three, four of five bedrooms the villas (Tranquility, Ocean and Beach) emulate the resort on a more intimate scale. Situated either along the oceanfront, overlooking a tranquil pond or nestled amid the island’s foliage, with a rectangular or square infinity-edged swimming pool as the centre piece, the villas come with a large living and dining pavilion, outdoor dining sala, fully-equipped kitchens and free-standing bedroom-pavilions with either outdoor baths or showers. Some have an additional bedroom suitable for up to four children and a nanny. Villas also come with two four-seater golf buggies and a personal cook and housekeeper.
Children of all ages are welcome and Amanyara's Nature Discovery Centre offers a host of programmes for children aged 3 to 12 years old - with a strong emphasis on environmental stewardship - that provide a unique opportunity to explore in greater depth and learn more about Turks and Caicos' pristine natural environment, sea life, animals and plants. Eco hikes and talks, snorkelling and diving, and star-gazing are just some of the programmes available.
There is also a children's pool area and garden, while a babysitting service is available upon request. Children are welcome to dine in both restaurants where children's menus are available.
Providenciales is cited by dive experts, including the late Jacques Cousteau, as offering some of the world's best diving because of a barrier reef that runs the full length of the island's 17-mile (27km) north-east coast.
Located directly in front of the resort, approximately 1,640ft (500m) from the beach, are the remarkable coral reef walls of the Northwest Point Marine National Park. A five-mile long fringing reef system that runs parallel to the coastline, dominated by Boulder Star coral, Elkhorn coral and gorgonians of various species that are home to schooling fish, turtles, spotted eagle rays and much more. The reef supports a fish population that includes groupers, snappers, surgeonfish, butterfly fish, angelfish and jacks and an aggregation spawning site for the Nassau grouper has also been recorded, providing a critical area for the survival of this endangered fish. In addition, a number of shark species, including the scalloped hammerhead, reef shark and lemon shark have been sighted. Also seen in this area are bottlenose dolphins and spotted dolphins whilst Humpback whales pass through, during migrations.
The fully equipped Dive Centre at Amanyara is operated by Big Blue Unlimited. This professional team of dive masters and instructors offer a range of dive courses from introduction to scuba diving, through to advanced and specialty courses. For famed dive sites further a field, boat charters may be organised.
Spa & Wellness
Therapeutic massages and body treatments are on offer, while the spa boasts four treatment pavilions bordering a tranquil pond. Scheduled yoga classes are available and a Master in Residence guides guests through the latest holistic healing practices, private yoga, Pilates or meditation.
At Amanyara's Turtle Initiative guests can get involved with satellite tagging and turtle nesting surveys with expert guidance from members of the Turks & Caicos Islands Turtle Project.