- Type:Boutique Hotel
- Summary:This exclusive resort is the first Aman resort in Africa
- Feature:The health and beauty centre offers soothing treatments
- Rooms:39 Pavilions & Maisons
- Location:Marrakech ,
- Nearest airport:Marrakech Airport
Location and transfer
15 minutes from Marrakech Airport by private car.
The air-conditioned Pavilions and two-storey Maisons breathe Morocco, but in its 21st century incarnation: glamorous and lavish, with Berber carpets and traditional brass lanterns.
All have a mini-bar, CD player, television, DVD player and a twice-daily maid service.
- Rooms: 32
- Room View: Golf course, olive grove or pool views
- Facilities: The resort’s thirty-two air-conditioned Pavilions lie beneath their own graceful stuc Venetien domes. The pale peach-coloured walls feature a lustrous tadlekt finish, a treatment originally reserved for waterproofing hammam walls. Under the dome is a king-size bed and a wood-burning fireplace brightens the living area.
Other furnishings include a daybed and a desk finished in Moroccan leather, as well as a cherry-wood chair. Ouarzazate green marble finishes the bathroom with its stepped and columned bathtub, twin vanities, soaring mirrors, twin dressing areas and separate shower and toilet. Berber carpets are scattered about the zellij -tiled floors.
- Rooms: 6
- Room View: Most have pool views
- Facilities: Amanjena’s six two-storey, two-bedroom Maisons rise seven metres from floor to ceiling in a variation of the Moroccan town house.
The living area, located on the ground floor, features an arc-cut fireplace, a zellij wall fountain and a small bathroom. The self-contained guest bedroom, with its queen-size bed, bathroom with separate shower and toilet, dressing area and separate courtyard entrance, is also located on this floor. The master suite upstairs features a king-size bed and divan, while the en suite bathroom is defined by marble columns, a domed shower, a pillared green marble bathtub and separate toilet.
- Rooms: 1
- Room View: Private pool and garden views
- Facilities: The largest accommodation unit is the Al-Hamra Maison. This graceful abode features an extensive main pavilion with a large indoor living and dining area, an open fireplace and private butler service. Two bedrooms are linked by an open passageway to the shared garden which offers two minzahs for dining and lounging as well as a private 36-square metre heated pool.
Health & Fitness
The Hammam, or steam bath, is central to Moroccan life. Unsurprisingly, it has pride of place at the heart of the Amanjena Health and Beauty Centre. Each Hammam (one each for men and women) is complemented by showers, washrooms, a change area and a whirlpool. Treatments at the Beauty Centre include massages, manicures, pedicures and facials.
Should you want to follow breakfast at the beach with lunch in the mountains and picnics in the desert, Amanjena's helicopter departs straight from the hotel's new heliport.