- Type:Boutique Hotel
- Summary:A restored historic hotel, part of Galle Fort
- Feature:Treat yourself to a 3, 7 or 14-day Ayurvedic Experience
- Rooms:19 rooms, 7 suites, the Amangalla Suite and The Garden House
- Location:Galle ,
- Nearest airport:Colombo International Airport
Location and transfer
Between two hours, thirty minutes and three hours, thirty minutes from Colombo International Airport by private car transfer or 45 minutes from Galle by helicopter.
All the guest rooms still feature the original 300-year-old polished teak or jackwood floors and are appointed with a four-poster king-size bed, writing desk, dining table, planters chair, wardrobe and a pettagama chest. The spacious bathrooms feature a freestanding bath, twin vanities and a separate shower and toilet. Amenities include air-conditioning, a mini-bar, CD player, telephone and there is a daily maid service. A private butler service is also available.
- Rooms: 9
- Room View: Overlooking the garden or the nearby historic Groote Kerk (Great Church)
- Facilities: The bedroom, with separate bathroom, features a twin or king-size four-poster bed, writing desk, dining table, pettagama chest – all set within the original polished jackwood floors. Six bedrooms are located adjacent to Amangalla’s reception, on the ground level of the Middle Street Wing, three more are set within the property’s gardens and feature French windows and doors opening onto the garden entrance of each room.
- Rooms: 10
- Room View: Views through the ancient Pará rubber trees, over the Fort and out to sea
- Facilities: The Chambers comprise separate bedroom, bathroom and living areas. Six are located within the Church Street Wing, whilst the four Garden Wing Chambers, three with balconies and one with a twin porch, overlook the treetops of the resort's garden.
Amangalla Suite :+
- Rooms: 1
- Room View: Garden views
- Facilities: A two-bedroom apartment with a hallway, sitting room and two bathrooms.
- Rooms: 1
- Size: 140m²
- Room View: Leafy treetop views
- Facilities: Situated within the resort gardens and serviced by a 24-hour private butler, this two-storey house features original antique furniture, a private terrace and balcony.
Health & Fitness
Recapturing the memories of a bygone era of “taking the waters”, treatments at The Baths restore the body and soothe the mind. Five softly lit treatment chambers lead off a descending arched hallway, whilst candlelit recesses, tall ceilings and traditional archways feature in the hydrotherapy area, where there is a sauna, steam room and hydrotherapy pool with specifically placed jet massagers to stimulate the entire body. Daily yoga and meditation sessions are held in the Garden Pavilion.
AYURVEDA AT AMANGALLA
Three, seven or fourteen-day Ayurvda programmes that concentrate on de-stressing the mind and body through relaxation and detoxification, following the true Ayurvedic traditions, allowing the experience to have maximum effect. Prices include an Ayurvedic consultation, daily Ayurvedic treatment and medicines, all meals, daily yoga and meditation and a temple visit.
Experience the 17th century Dutch fort on foot, which will give you time to see the Dutch Church, the Governor's house, spice warehouses, the lighthouses, sea wall and ramparts. Visits to rural villages, tea plantations and temples can also be arranged before returning to Amangalla for delicious Mango Bellinis on the balcony.